under "People you may know" Kay McGraw

Started by Carol Kenner-Harrington on Thursday, August 25, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 55 posts
8/25/2011 at 4:49 AM

I do know her, do we have a common relative?

8/25/2011 at 5:19 AM

Hello Carol
"People you may know" is a list generated by Geni Algorithm by combining family lists of several related people.
It doesn't necessarily mean you have common relatives

8/25/2011 at 6:28 AM

Edward I Longshanks, King of England is my 18th Great Grandfather. How are you related to him?

Private User
8/25/2011 at 6:36 AM

He is my 20th great grandfather.

Private User
8/25/2011 at 6:36 AM

Edward I Longshanks, King of England is my 22nd ggfather. Yaacov, where do I locate the "People you may know" list? Is on my home page?

8/25/2011 at 7:35 AM

Denise
try this link: http://www.geni.com/invite/choose_address_book
you should see a rectangle named "people you might know"

8/25/2011 at 8:46 AM

Longshanks is my 22nd GGrandfather

Private User
8/25/2011 at 10:28 AM

Thanks Yaacov!

8/25/2011 at 11:03 AM

Longshanks is my 21st great grandfather.

Private User
8/25/2011 at 12:13 PM

Edward Longshanks 21st GGF to:
Me (Gregory Fournerat)

Marjorie Fay Thompson Fournerat
your mother

John Oval Thompson
her father

John Woods "Woodie" Thompson
his father

Mary Jane Cowan Thompson
his mother

John Woods Cowan
her father

James Cowan, Jr.
his father

Hannah Woods Cowan
his mother

Archibald Woods
her father

Michael Woods, Sr.
his father

John Andrew Woods, Sir
his father

Isabella Bruce
his mother

Patrick Bruce
her father

William Bruce 1565
his father

Janet Bruce
his mother

Agnes Douglas of Morton
her mother

John Douglas, 2nd Earl of Morton
her father

Joan of Scotland (Stewart), Countess of Morton
his mother

Joan Beaufort, Queen consort of Scots
her mother

John Beaufort, 1st Earl of Somerset
her father

John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster
his father

Edward III of England
his father

Edward II of England
his father

Edward I Longshanks, King of England
his father

8/25/2011 at 12:45 PM

Interestingly, John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster, 1st Earl of Richmond is my 19th great grandfather, but my path to Longshanks takes a different route.

I like this aspect. I discover new ancestors through the relationship path.

Private User
8/25/2011 at 1:34 PM

I find it hilarious that Robert the Bruce's decendants (my 20th GGF about the same time as Edward I and II) were in the line descended from Longshanks in the Douglas and Bruce family. Douglas the Black was the one who carried Robert the Bruce's heart on the way to the holy land and was mortally wounded in Spain. He cast the heart of Robert the Bruce forward in a little precious metalled or jeweleld container and shouted "Onward Braveheart!". Strange that the term is also applied to William Wallace who fought with Robert the Bruce vs England for Scotland.. Even crazier for me to be related to both families thru some GGF and GGM.

Private User
8/25/2011 at 1:35 PM

Correction...mortally wounded ON WAY to Holy Land...never made it, died in Spain.

8/25/2011 at 1:58 PM

My Douglas line evolved (is the right word?) into Cunninghams of Virginia / West Virginia. I had always heard they fought on both sides of the Civil War. Through doing family research, I learned they fought on both sides of the American Revolutionary War. So why should we be surprised at historical precedence.

Thanks for the story about Douglas the Black.

Private
8/25/2011 at 7:10 PM

Edward I Longshanks, King of England would by my 22nd great grandfather.

Private
8/25/2011 at 7:11 PM

as a decendant of charlimange on my mothers side.. try me.. i am related to most european kings and queens...

Private
8/25/2011 at 7:25 PM

Charlemagne 26th great grandfather

8/25/2011 at 7:27 PM

Edward I is my 22nd great grandfather twice. I descend from two of his children Joan of Acre and Edmund of WoodStock so far as i know.

8/25/2011 at 9:59 PM

Edward I is my 22nd great grandfather and Charlemagne my 33rd great grandfather.

8/25/2011 at 10:08 PM

John of Gaunt is my 18th great grandfather.
Like Micheal, I appear to be related to most of the european kings and queens. : )

8/25/2011 at 10:09 PM

That always makes me wonder if I'm supposed to know how to curtesy.:)

Private
8/26/2011 at 12:18 AM

LOL Erica, I don;t think so because you'll find out that there a probably also hangmen, hookers and so in your tree, when you have the guts to dig enough. And be sure that nobility was not that noble! I'm saying this with a Dutch down to earth philosophy as you know me already ;-)

8/26/2011 at 6:55 AM

I want to know about the hangmen and hookers in my family tree! Also the pirates and witches.

photo owned by Tamara Tucker Swingle
Private User
8/26/2011 at 7:48 AM

John of Gaunt is my 17th (I think) gr grandfather. But my path to Charlemagne is gone- again. It keeps coming and going.

Private
8/26/2011 at 7:59 AM

Erica:

http://soldaten-genealogie.nl/

here you are Erica! also soldiers... 16th/17th/18th century .
but take a look and tell me when you find your family! Probably also mine..
:-)

Private
8/26/2011 at 11:30 AM

Private User same thing on Charlemagne was 32 great grandson now it's 22nd great grandson what is up with that is it a bug or is some merged idiot throwing a monkey wrench around?

8/26/2011 at 11:56 AM

Private

Great database. No idea if I'm related to any of them. I need geni links to discover more family. I have one for sure Dutch ancestress who was probably really Norwegian.

8/26/2011 at 12:01 PM

William III, count of Holland

Is my 19th great grandfather.

Private
8/26/2011 at 12:04 PM

Erica, keep up the good work ans I, sure you find Dutch ancestress among the hangmen.... I keep my fingers crossed for you (LOL Erica you know me quit well so you you know I have not only a morbide sense of humor
:-) ). But at the data base many names of soldiers from different european countries around the Netherlands...

Private
8/26/2011 at 12:13 PM

William III count of Hainaut is my 20th great grandfather and Charlemagne my 33th (or something like that) ngreat grandfather....
I play along with you..... :-)

I think many Europeans are connected with royals and nobles :-) and so the Americans too... Not strange all the royals married each other and so did the nobles... so once you're in, chance is you have them all ;-).

Showing 1-30 of 55 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion