Started by Private User on Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 22 posts
Private User
8/24/2011 at 7:26 AM

So where are we on this Project? I don't see any posts since the Big Crash, lol! Should we still consider this an active Project?

I am still committed to the Alden-mess, I think that one's going to be long-term. Other than that, please point me in the direction you would have me go - after spending the last six weeks away, I'm loaded and ready to GO! ;)

8/24/2011 at 7:34 AM

Jennifer

Would you consider taking on the Mayflower passengers? There were only 21 of them they're amazingly popular for some reason. Should be plenty helpful information in the project

http://www.geni.com/projects/-Mayflower-Passengers-Colonial-America...

8/24/2011 at 7:43 AM

I got caught up in private stuff, sorry. I haven't looked at the list lately, but I will take on anything Civil War.

Private User
8/24/2011 at 7:49 AM

Erica Howton Sure, I'm a sucker for lost causes! lol I've been absolutely stunned at the number of merges that happen with the John and Priscilla Alden profiles, wowie.

Do I need to check with the various curators, or should I just dive in? I don't want to step on toes...

8/24/2011 at 8:26 AM

Anything with my name on it, dive in. And start there.:)

What is it about John & Priscilla anyway. They have more dups than charlesmagne!

8/24/2011 at 8:28 AM

I've been busy for the most part elsewhere but I did add six profiles (Holmes, Eastman, Huxley, Harvey, Luther, Gates) to the project so I figure I "owe" to the project a time commitment of six profiles to cleanup:)

I'm not sure if I'll take on those particular six or if I'll pick six that have been ignored in the project for a longer period of time.

8/24/2011 at 8:29 AM

Oh, and post when done, because (joy in the morning) curators now have the ability to "lock" the overview. That will stop further cleanup needs. Use the URL.

Private User
8/24/2011 at 8:55 AM

Erica Howton Oh, 'joy in the morning' is right! That's FANTASTIC!

8/24/2011 at 10:21 AM

Erica Howton "who is Charlesmange?" :)

I think that we can relate to John and Priscilla, so we get our tree to them, then say "who cares"...

At least I did that before Geni, and actually still do to some extent. Would much rather work on my personal tree in the last 5-6 generations rather than my 21st grandparents.

8/24/2011 at 12:20 PM

I'm stuck on the migrant generations. I keep expecting to move forward or backwards in history but here I am on Pilgrims. Again.

Dont you love iPad typos, I sure do. I was referring to Mangy Charles, AKA Chuckles, AKA Charlesmagne. He's the gold standard for measuring tree correctness, as most of the Western World can claim a descent, mathematically.

8/24/2011 at 12:52 PM

Ah...I thought you meant Charlemagne!

I, too, am stuck on migrant generations, but not the same one's as you. My gg grandfather and three of his brothers came to the states in the late 1850's, and two joined the Civil War. We have solid leads on two of the brothers descendants (my cousin-grandparents), some what solid on a third, and almost non-existent info on the fourth, but HAVE found family left in their home town in France!!!

8/24/2011 at 1:11 PM

France, that's glam. Watch out that you don't accidentally relate yourself to Louis XIV.:)

8/24/2011 at 1:18 PM

No chance of that, I am afraid!

It is really Alsace Lorain...the brothers indicated they were from Germany on census records, but it is firmly in French territory now...oh, and they have their own language...what fun!!!!

8/24/2011 at 1:20 PM

So, they got the little red box updated...I am kind of missing watching it go up and down as merges hit my list, then were finished by others... :(

Private User
8/24/2011 at 5:02 PM

Erica Howton
Isaac Allerton, "Mayflower" Passenger is D-O-N-E!!! What a job, ye gads. Please make any corrections you see fit and then lock that sucker as fast as you can cause I never want to have to deal with him again! lolol

'Scuse my whining, please! I was just taken aback at the mess, wowie!
Learned a lot, though... ;)

Private User
8/24/2011 at 5:13 PM

Here's a funny one for you - Isaac Allerton's About Me says he was one of the 'under-takers of the Plymouth Colony's London debt' because he was one of the relatively wealthy colonists who decided to pay off the debt owed in London (so that they would then get any profits from the colony). So guess what I found under his occupation?

Someone had listed him as an 'undertaker'... /lol

8/24/2011 at 5:27 PM

Wow that is gorgeous and a fun read. Thank yo so much. You can remove from project.

Private User
8/24/2011 at 6:10 PM

Aw, thanks! I hope it doesn't bog down too much, some of it's really a slog... oh, well, best I can do, now off to sort out his various Sarahs (sister/daughter/daughter) and wives...

8/24/2011 at 6:22 PM

Don't forget Aunt Sarah. Or Hannah/Anna/Susanna.

Private User
8/24/2011 at 6:40 PM

OMG, you're killing me! ROFL!! I was even trying to figure out if you could slur "Sarah" enough to get "Fear" out of it... or the other way around!!! Geez, my brain hurts...

8/24/2011 at 7:34 PM

We need more Puritans with inventive names! I think "Wrestling with God" Brewster is still my favorite.

Private User
8/24/2011 at 8:29 PM

Amen, sister!

Showing all 22 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion