PRO USERS PLEASE DO THE MERGE-REQUESTS OF NON PRO USERS !

Started by Fred Bergman on Saturday, August 13, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 211-240 of 1960 posts

Private User - It should be fixed now.

Private User Done, check for conflicting data

Eldon Lester Clark Thanks. Here is another merge flowing from the other merge.
http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000003144556844?return=duplic...

Private User Got it and a couple of others that came up. Be sure and check for conflicting data.

Bump

Well, bump bunp

I think one of the bump issues is that this discussion is in the collaboration pool project and not in the main public discussions. So if you are not following the collaboration pool project you don't see it, no matter how much you bump it.

I didn't notice that.

I don't think the collaboration pool project is really realistic anymore, and this discussion is the important one now.

How would you all feel if we asked Geni to delete the collaboration pool project, and restart this discussion as a public discussion?

Or we could just let this die and open up new discusion with the title "Please, I need the help of a pro user" that way pro users could follow it and help in merges and the "curator help" discussion could remain for those problems only a curator can solve.

Marvin - I would support your final paragraph:

open a new PUBLIC discussion with the title "Please, I need the help of a pro user" that way pro users could follow it and help in merges, and the "curator help" discussion could remain for those problems only a curator can solve.

I suggest a curator start that public discussion - so it is shown to have some gravitas.

------------------

No need to delete the collaboration pool project. I would leave that as is.

I have opened http://www.geni.com/discussions/101599 to replace this one.

Thanks David, I hope it will help non pros

Thank you Marvin. I also added a comment there that Pro users can help non-Pro users with merges of public profiles.

Besides helping non Pros, I hope it will also help curators by spreading more workload across Pros.

I have stated this in the main Collaboration Pool thread, but since the issue was raised here again, I'll repeat myself.

The Collaboration Pool is still very valuable. If I didn't have so many collaborators on GENI, then continuing as a free user would be just about impossible for me.

Since I can't add existing profiles to much of my tree myself, the collaboration pool at least lets me add documents and research to those distant family members profiles that already have a profile on GENI until a merger is done for me.

Often a merger is not straight forward and requires adding one or two connecting profiles - which I can't do myself either. By uploading the documentation and research, I can then much more clearly communicate to the pro users volunteering to help me, what steps they have they still need to complete to get a new branch connected to my (our) tree.

Thank you for this point, Chuck.

As a curator I need everyone to be researching and sourcing profiles. All hands on deck!

Good point chuck!

Excellent point, Chuck. It makes the Curator's (and those PRO users helping out) job easier when a basic member gives us a link to the profile or merge in question and gives us some facts to explain why something needs to be done.

Private User This may need a curators help. I can not access the page

Oh I see...anyways thanks for trying Mr. Clark
Curators please help

Private User
Post your request here http://www.geni.com/discussions/80793

Sorry, the curators cannot help you with merging private profiles.
To be able to merge you have to be in family group of the manager of the other profiles. Just use the contact manager option to get in contact and make agreements.

Ahhh...Geni is confusing!!
anyways, I have made the profiles public....
Bjørn Petter Brox, Can u please have a look again and merge the profiles

Done

Thanks a Ton :)
could u please merge this profiles too.

http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000014269287395?fsession_id=1...

Thanks again :)

Kind of quiet here I guess no one needs help.

Eldon Lester Clark

Maybe because the color of the PRO badge changed?

I need PRO help. There's a lot of new Mayflower pilgrims on Geni that need to be merged into the ones that already exist. Could anyone help me with this so Thanksgiving is not a turkey?

Erica Howton Give me some links and I'll see how Geni's "improvements" work

Eldon I added you as a collaborator of the project, http://www.geni.com/projects/-Mayflower-Passengers-Colonial-America.... I'll start a discussion there on the cleanup.

Anyone else interested in swabbing down the Mayflower deck for Thanksgiving, send a request to join that project.

Many thanks in advance.

Erica I'm up and will see what I can do. I don't know a lot about the Mayflower group but merges are not to hard to figure out. You will probably get a lot of questions from me. BTW, my granddaughters are Mayflower girls.

Showing 211-240 of 1960 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion