PRO USERS PLEASE DO THE MERGE-REQUESTS OF NON PRO USERS !

Started by Fred Bergman on Saturday, August 13, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1831-1860 of 1960 posts

Aznijar bin Ahmad Yazid, if he is deceased Geni have to close his account.

A close relative have to go to his profile, Mohd Muzammil Din and use Report/Deceased in the Actions menu in the upper right of his profile. You should get a feedback from customer support within a short time in such cases.

Dear Private User.
Many thanks for the information and feedback.

I am not in direct contact with any of his close relatives, but his brother, Mohd hamzam [Mohd Hamzan Din], sister, Adila [Private User], his cousin, Yana Yana (my acquiantance) [Private User] as well as his daughter, hawamarlene [Private User] are geni.com members. Hopefully, they'll do that after the mourning period lapse.

Thanks again!

please help merge this search
http://www.geni.com/search?search_advanced=open&search_extended...

i wonder if now they are both public it will make a differance

Nope, the rules for unconnected trees are the same.
http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000004838904897?to=6000000018...
The other manager has not logged in since the day he joined Geni an created those profiles.

Sorry I meant this profile
Private

Richard Radzinsky living person, so needs permission by close relative. You should be able to merge the grandparents; they're marked dead, and at least one is public.

Did you hit the "request merge" button? I couldn't find any blue dots in the profiles' trees.

im not able to merge the grandparents

also i think they are zombies

this is the only merge i was able to request
http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000027025331523?from_flash=1&...

this was with Angus Wood-Salomon 's help

Richard Radzinsky

Richard, most of those profiles are private and unless you are added to the Family group or collaborate with one of the managers of these profiles I do not think you will be successful

Richard, collaboration (and paying for being Pro) does only give you access to public profiles. Private profiles need family access, but if one of the profiles is within your own family a curator are allowed to help you with the merges since the result will be family as well (where collaboration or being a manager is not needed to have full access).
If not you are probably going too far into other peoples privacy range and should probably back out unless you get family group access from the manager,

i made a post on the zombie page
the issue is i cannot merge in my 1st cousin twice removed
because he is a zombie

after that is done i should be family group for the profiles i am interested in

all done

just a zombie issue

Jacobus Abraham Zuidweg done

Not even curators can complete that merge since it is in different trees, so we need an approval from both sides. The oldest account Private User have to log on and approve the merge.

Both accounts consists of only three profiles, so I can't see the importance on merging them at all....

Richard Radzinsky Done, you need to clean up the tree conflicts

No luck Richard Radzinsky isolated abandoned tree

Mohamad Habrul Ulum Othman,
Those 2 duplicate profiles in your 2 merge requests are in 2 different isolated familty trees which aren't connected to the 'Geni World Tree'. Both of the managers haven't been online since sometime in 2012.

When you see a PINK banner with RED letters underneath the 2 profiles you wish to merge; "These profiles are in different trees" you need to realize that other Geni Pros or Geni curators can't help you to complete the merge.

I believe both cases refer to the same individuals respectively. The situation has become complicated because multiplicity of entries has given rise to duplications further complicated by differing spellings and entry styles ie the insertion of birth surnames, middle names, family names etc etc which are generally non-existent in a Malay/Southeast Asian name. Some sorting out needs to be done profile by profile to reconcile those differences prior to or after merger. Its challenging.

In order for this kind of situations not to arise in the future Geni may need to reprogramme a system to alert newcomers of the existence of profiles he is trying to enter into Geni. This way he will be led to CONTINUE in existing trees instead of RECREATING trees/profiles which may already exixt in Geni.

Further as most members may already reaiise Geni;s own PRIVACY policy is both inhibitive and prohibitive. It is difficult, almost impossible to merge correctly trees or profiles which contain private profiles or identities.

I believe that if anyone wants their identities to be private and inaccesible to others than they should not participate in a public engine like Geni because it will prevent any attempt to keep proper records because in merging you do not know what you are comparing with what and in the end in order not to spoil the situation you will have a tendency to abandon and leave work unfinished, which also leads to further difficulties.

In the above matter Mohamad Habrul should attempt the merge himself if he is the expert on Southeast Asian geneology as he seems to portray himself to be and in particular as he is dealing with his own relatives near or far.

For example complications can arise when

(1) Mohamad is also spelt or abbreviated in a multiple of ways like Mohamed, Mohammad, Muhammad, Mohd, Muhd, Md etc etc
(2) Whether the words Bin/Binti which lterally mean SON OF or DAUGHTER OF is inserted as part of the first name, as the middle name or part of the last name and then how spelt and inserted Bin, bin or just B or b and in the case of Binti whether spelt as Binti or Binte or binti or binte or just Bt or bt.
(3) Unfortunately there is no spelling convention and each members enetrs a name spelling it the way he thinks is correct or has learned is the correct way. SHAMSUDDIN can be written as SHAMSHUDDIN or SHAMSHUDDEEN or even as SYAMSYUDDIN following the new spelling style of the now integrated and common spelling adopted for the Malay / Indonesian / Bruneian languages.

Curators please take note. Unless you are familiar with these variations the merger of Southeast Asian profiles best be left with Southeast Asian curators if any OR we establish a rule that names be spelt English style which again may give rise to further objections and complications.

Alas we in the Third World are just beginning to be civilised in the Western way.

Angus Wood-Salomon thank you very much.

Showing 1831-1860 of 1960 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion