PRO USERS PLEASE DO THE MERGE-REQUESTS OF NON PRO USERS !

Started by Fred Bergman on Saturday, August 13, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 151-180 of 1960 posts

Erica Howton

You are right for some profiles.

But for many others (I have seen plenty) - it is a simple algorithm (based on # of generations, etc.) - to determine that the person Must be older that 100 years.

It is amazing to me - how many People have to waste their time - in regards to this #1 Problem for Geni & its Users.

Program Modification ='s the Solution - Not "Removing Capabilities" - from non-Paying Users - OR more Curators & Pro's performing Merges.

I believe geni is on the case, Peter, and will let us know about their enhancements.

what annoys me is asking for help all the time i feel like i'm on hold forever waiting for some one to help me.. i don't like to bug the curators cauz i know they have their own projects and in some cases loads of requsets the size of the empire state building.. lol

peter rohel.. i wonder what your ancestor Sigmund Freud if he were still around think of this big mess and how to deal with it!

He'll dig into the sex life of Geni staff, Michael ;-)

Actually Peter Rohel (c)

Cross posting for you, this discussion

http://www.geni.com/discussions/85255

So this one can continue on as titled.

George I soooo don't want to know!

lamao! indeed he would..

i was thinking more of his analizing powers in solving things non sex related but thanks for the laugh

Erica Howton i have 20 merges how do i go about posting them again?

Thanks Erica, I have posted it on the Unlikely matches.. forum.

And Michael - you are right to point out the FREUD tree - a Mess that many users & Curators have been trying to Fix for Months - with "some progress" - but still Many outstanding Merges - due to "Private Profiles" - of People who Died - GENI rules.

Just my 2 cents :)

@Mary Minerva Oliver (Eckles)

I am a non-pro user with several merge and data conflicts. My brain doesn't function as well as it used to thus, I don't get the instructions as to how to submit a request for merges and data conficts. I only know that I need help with them with the new limitations for non-pro user. If anyone is able to go to my merge and data conflicts to help please, let me know. I would love to go pro but, I have never been able to afford it.

The above name is one that I need help with.

Thank you for your consideration.

Donna iline Howse

I have noticed that many profiles that I entered are no longer accessible for me to manage. Even though no one else has claimed or requested management. Is this also, one of the new limitations for we non-pro users?

Donna iLine Howse The data conflict for Mary Minerva Oliver (Eckles) is resolved

Donna, If you managed a profile before then you still manage it. It is possible that your copy of the profile has yet to be merged into another leading you to believe that you longer manage it. I would needa stating place to look tho.

Donna iLine Howse

Try making
Mary Ann James

and

John Graham Eckles

Public, they can then be merged and the two trees will come back together

Very excited to find quite close relatives - please merge:

http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000012878158949?to=6000000001...

Sure?

Very sure - the Dawson or Dowson (both spellings have been used) refer to Elizabeth's grandmother - Elizabeth Dawson. Her son is also called Leslie Ingle Reynolds - which refers to her mother's maiden name which you can see on my tree. But if you're not happy with the merge I'll contact the manager directly to share info.

I think only curators should be allowed to merge profiles.

Walter not possible. 80 odd curors, 58 million profiles. I know I would rather use curator tools for tree cleaning and Master Profiles.

Everyone can learn to merge well. It takes attention and an eye for detail.

Done

Joe - These are private profiles and can't be made public, so they can't be merged.

Try that Caroline..

Only the first one worked, Caroline. I think it's because you have set your own profiles on the others as 'private', so we can't do the merge.

Hi George. The profiles are now public - sorry about that.

Done, Caroline :-) But, I leave you the care of sorting out the conflicting data (I have no way of judging it :-) )

Showing 151-180 of 1960 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion