Heiti and Heytir different people?

Started by Sandy Coleman on Sunday, June 26, 2011
Showing all 3 posts
6/26/2011 at 4:16 PM

"Gór had sons named Heiti and Beiti (and according to B two other sons named Meitir and Geitir). Heiti and Beiti often made war against the sons of Nór. "

I am looking for an explanation for the huge age difference between Heytir and Svidri.

But F speaks only of Gór's son Heiti as the father of Sveidi (Sveiði) the father of Halfdan the Old, who confusingly is named identically to Halfdan the Old who is a descendant of Nór.

perhaps this is the key to everything - There are 2 Hallfdans and only F connected Heiti to Sveidi. Perhaps F's faulty assumption is causing us this turmoil.

6/27/2011 at 4:51 AM

Well, nobody committed to approximate dates, and the few people who tried put a big gap between father and son. Good sources all claim that the line exists but there were no workable dates. By workable I mean falling within accepted norms. So, no,I found no site that gave these dates. But they work. When I changed these dates I had to change the dates on a bunch of other people, but much to my pleasure they all fell in line after about 8 generations, confirming that they are probably more correct than what was out there.

1/28/2023 at 11:16 AM

Sandy - I know this is waaaay later, but what dates did you come up with? I have a birth date of 570 for Heytir and 600 for Svidri - my problem comes with Heytir's ancestors. I don't mind changing dates if they eventually fall in line

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion