Introductions

Started by Hatte Anne Blejer on Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
6/21/2011 at 8:08 AM

This is a place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

I am Hatte Blejer, the 9th great granddaughter of Richard Williams and Francis Deighton. I live in the Washington DC area. My mother is a Williams. Our family descends from Nathaniel III.

I started this project with my own branch of the family in mind. Now I would like to expand it to have subsections on the different branches and have whatever shared background you suggest. All are welcome to add. You can consult me about formatting if that is a problem for you.

What additions would you like to the project? Would any of you like to help improve the About Me sections of our ancestors' profiles or add sources about their birth date, death date, marriage, burial, residences, etc.? Or add documents, maps, photographs, or other images? I noticed that Francis Deighton/Dighton's About Me is not very informative.

I will start another discussion focused on About Me sections and how we are constructing them in Geni.

I have just added another cousin, Elwin Nickerson II, who is I think the 11th great grandson, through Elizabeth Bird, the daughter of Nathaniel Williams I.

Welcome to Elwin Nickerson.

http://www.geni.com/path/Hatte+Blejer+is+related+to+Elwin+Nickerson...

Best,
Cousin Hatte

Private User
6/22/2011 at 1:33 PM

You probably need Peggy Rowe Snyder who is a friend of mine

Private User
6/22/2011 at 1:51 PM

Hello Richard Williams is my 9th Great Grandfather. Nice to meet you. ECN

Private User
6/22/2011 at 2:00 PM

Hello- Francis Dighton is Also my 9th Great Grandmother. Elizabeth Bird is my 8th Great Grandmother. I will put dates in on my tree as soon as I get a chance. ECN

6/22/2011 at 2:12 PM

Private Charles Adler Richard Williams James Highum are some of the other descendants on Geni. Priscilla Sweeney is another descendant. Anne R. Dick is my mother, nee Anne Williams :) Private User is my sister. Private User is my cousin.

6/22/2011 at 2:26 PM

Hi cousins! I'm excited to meet you. I'm descended from 3 sons of Richard Williams of Taunton. I am trying to trace mitochondrial DNA and I've gotten to Miriam Drake born around 1704 in Brookfield Mass and married to James Drake b 1704. They both died in Spencer Mass around 1800 but I cant find records. If anyone can find Miriam's maiden name I would be greatly thankful. Has anyone else traced their mothers,mother,mother etc. and how far back did you get? Its so much harder finding maiden names.

6/22/2011 at 2:53 PM

Hi Priscilla, you have just inspired me to look into DNA testing. Since my mother's line is so well documented, I haven't worried about it, but perhaps it would be helpful to others. I'll take a look and see what I can find about Miriam Drake.

6/22/2011 at 2:58 PM

My line is:
Richard and Francis Deighton
Nathaniel I + Elizabeth Rogers (Mayflower descendant)
Nathaniel II + Lydia King
Nathaniel III + Mary Atherton
Seth + Mary Snow
Zephaniah + Olive Howe
Giles + Fanny Maria Gallup
Arthur + Hattie Stowe
Arthur + Hazel Johnson
Anne Williams + my father

6/22/2011 at 3:02 PM

Which makes Richard Williams of Taunton my 8th ggf :)

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion