Comments and questions about passengers of the Arabella

Started by Hatte Anne Blejer on Thursday, June 16, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
6/16/2011 at 6:39 PM

Great to see the Arabella have a dedicated project. I know from records that Captain John Johnson and his wife Margery (Margaret) Johnson were onboard with John Johnson's six children from his first marriage - Humphrey, Issac, Mary, Elizabeth, Sarah, and Hannah. My reference cites Charles Banks The Winthrop Fleet and lists the children as on the ship manifest, with their ages. I wonder why they do not appear on this list? Another "more scholarly account" is The Great Migration Begins by Robert Charles Anderson (available on NEGHS).

Captain John Johnson was the quartermaster for the trip.

I will be adding all the Roxbury settlers who were on the Arabella. I have a list of them -- 43 of the passengers on the Arabella or in the Winthrop Fleet perhaps, I'll be careful -- in my book on Capt John Johnson (which I assume will match this list). It'll be easy to find them in the Roxbury project!

I'd like to add the children of Capt Johnson too. Let me know how to proceed.

6/16/2011 at 6:43 PM

I was very excited to find also the Wildbore family who are my ancestors, on the same ship, Samuel "The Immigrant" Wildbore and his wife, Anne Smith! Isn't that fascinating that they were on the ship with the Johnsons, since the Wildbore connection is my SECOND great grandmother, whereas the Johnsons are my NINTH great grandparents?

6/16/2011 at 6:46 PM

Samuel Wilbore, "The Immigrant" and Anne Wilbore. An interesting coincidence since they did not live in the same area for all seven generations, I don't think.

6/16/2011 at 7:13 PM

And two more 9th great grandparents on the Arabella - Thomas Dudley, Governor of Massachusetts Bay Colony and his wife Dorothy Dudley.

Also of coure my 8th great grandmother, their daughter Mercy Woodbridge

7/11/2011 at 8:19 PM

Thanks for all the hard work, I decend from the Kingsburys onboard.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion