First Wife of Jeffrey Ferris

Started by Private User on Monday, May 9, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 3 posts
Private User
5/9/2011 at 10:00 AM

There is absolutely no proof of who Jeffrey's first wife was and it seems to be quite a stretch to say that he was married to "Mary Anne
Howard", the daughter of Thomas Howard, 20th Earl of Arundel and Countess Alethea Talbot. I've find no evidence that this
Earl even had a daughter named Mary or Anne. I can only see it in some Ferris genealogy sites on the web with no proof or documentation offered.

All that is known about his first wife is her death date of May 31, 1658. On the tombstone her name has weathered away leaving only ‘Mary -----ne’.

The following is a link that discusses more about Jeffrey. http://www.ferristree.com/updates/jeffrey.htm

I think for now that Jeffrey's wife 1st wife of Jeffrey Ferris should just be known as Mary and her profile disconnected from parents Thomas Howard, 21st Earl of Arundel and Lady Alethea Howard, Baroness Furnivall

5/9/2011 at 12:43 PM

Private User

Done.

I was thinking of a project, The 27 Proprietors of Greenwich, Connecticut 1672, as part of our "first settlers of Connecticut" series. Are you interested in collaborating on it?

Private User
5/9/2011 at 1:33 PM

Thanks Erica Howton!

Project sounds interesting - sure I will collaborate :-)

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion