Profile Picture/Logo

Started by Randy Stebbing on Sunday, May 1, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
5/1/2011 at 7:00 AM

I made up a "Hartford Original Proprietors" logo and added it to several of the project's profiles. The few that all ready had gravestone pictures or coat of arms did not get a new profile picture though. As additional profile get added I'll add the picture to their profiles also.
--Randy

Private User
5/1/2011 at 9:35 AM

That's a really elegant graphic, Randy. I added it to as many of the others without pictures as I could. Thank you as always for your efforts.

5/1/2011 at 9:55 AM

That really is a nice logo Randy! This project is a model. I'll search out and add a few more profiles in my spare time today.

Ashley - I know you are great at About Mes so if you see any of the ones I added that could be improved, please do whatever you want. I tend to want to gather the information first and worry about presentation and specific content and editing much later.

5/1/2011 at 2:22 PM

In addition to the "Original Hartford Proprietor's" image I decided it would be helpful to create a new, 2nd variant, of "Early Hartford Resident". You'll see that this profile now has it: Nathaniel Barding

The "early resident" logo has a solid-black circular border in contrast to the "original proprietor" logo that has a white border.

Feel free to use the early resident version for others who lived in Hartford but are not on the proprietor list.

--Randy

5/1/2011 at 2:28 PM

Randy - I like the fact that we're extending this to early settlers, but maintaining a distinction.

5/1/2011 at 3:02 PM

FYI,

As a side project I'm going to take a subsection of this book "The memorial history of Hartford County, Connecticut, 1633-1884, Volume 1
edited by James Hammond Trumbull" (pages 222-272) and get it reformatted to plain text so that it can be used as a reference for all profiles on the project.

Here is a link to the book:
http://books.google.com/books?id=B18EAAAAYAAJ&lpg=PA227&ots...

I'll post a google document link to the transcribed text latter today when its done.

--Randy

For those interested google docs will already give me a plain text version of about 5 pages at a time but since it is an automatic, OCR or "optical character recognition" process I'll want to read through and compare it with the original book to catch any transcription errors. It looks like the above book has good biographical summaries of all of the original proprietors as well as a description of the founding of Hartford.

---Randy

5/1/2011 at 4:57 PM

I am so thrilled for the help on Thomas Hungerford, my 9th great grandfather.

- elegant image
- I had no idea I had Hungerford in the family before geni
- I had been trying to find something better than the flag image and kept getting distracted by other things

Thank you all so much.

5/1/2011 at 5:13 PM

I'm doing some work on the Gilberts of Wethersfield, Connecticut in case anyone knows about them. They were confused with my Gilberts of Taunton, MA so I have been cleaning them up and making MPs.

This site seems to have used reliable sources, but if you know the Gilberts, please comment on reliability of data: http://ntgen.tripod.com/bw/gilbert_index.html

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion