Looking for ANY Boyd Family in area of christian county and hopkinsville kentucky

Started by nicole s avery on Thursday, April 21, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 11 posts
4/21/2011 at 9:06 PM

My name is Nicole Boyd-Avery and I am researching the maternal side of my family, which is Boyd. The information that I have is as follows:

Gilbert Boyd born 1839 in christian co., ky (my great great great grandfather)
Ellen Boyd born 1837 in christian co., ky

They had 6 children from this marriage 3 boys and 3 girls:

Allen Boyd born 1856 in christian co., ky
George Boyd born 1859 in christian co., ky
Sallie Boyd born 1861 in christian co. ky
Sarah Boyd born 1863 in christian co., ky
John Boyd born 1866 in christian co., ky (my great great grandfather)
Cora Boyd born 1868 in christian co., ky

I am really looking for anyone who are descendents to this family. I have been searching for 3 years looking up my family tree. If you are related to me please contact me as soon as possible.

4/22/2011 at 1:05 AM

Hi Nicole

Can you post a link of a public profile in your tree? The oldest Boyd would you have. That way I can see if there's any path between that profile and me, which might offer a clue.

See "how to tag a profile" here if you're not sure how to do this:

Tagging under ==> http://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Glossary#T

4/23/2011 at 12:05 AM

You called! But I need the profile Boyd - there are 55 million profiles in Geni. :)

4/23/2011 at 12:07 AM

im not sure if that right....did that do it

4/23/2011 at 12:09 AM

gilbert boyd this gentleman is the oldest in my tree

4/23/2011 at 12:16 AM

You are great! You mastered tagging. OK now let me take a look.

I descend from the fun Lord Boyd here:

Robert Boyd, 1st Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock

So my mission would be to connect your Gilbert with his enjoyable great ? grandfather ... if he is.

4/23/2011 at 12:20 AM

BTW my Howton's are from Hopkinville, KY. Never thought there might be a Boyd side - my Boyds go to Cunningham in Scotland and emigrated to Virginia.

4/23/2011 at 12:26 AM

wow!!! You can do that!!! That would be great if you could do that!!! Well from what information i have found, it has been very limited. It would be amazing if we had some form of lineage between you and I. We are having a family reunion this year in new jersey and I am in charge of gathering all the information concerning the Boyd Family. So i am desperate for information concerning my family.

4/23/2011 at 1:04 AM

nicole s avery

There are a couple of soldier Boyds - thought they could be brothers of your Gilbert as its the same age range / geography. I attached records to his profile. Study them, perhaps, and think about whether they are clues or not, because we're trying to take it back a generation on census reports, and often sibling names can lead the way.

4/23/2011 at 1:07 AM

Geni is amazing. It's really frustrating to try and connect to the big tree -- it took me months -- but once I did, I could go back to mythological times. Blew me away.

You know where your hard part is. But Hopkinville KY is *also* a big clue because it's only 30,000 now and it was tiny in origin. So read up on the history of it; maybe they have some genealogical societies etc. It's been a while since I did that reading but KY archives do a really good job.

I started with Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopkinsville,_Kentucky

4/23/2011 at 1:14 AM

wow thank you so much...some info i had and other info i didnot. I will look into it some more and see what I can find. thank you again

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion