Sources

Started by Jason Wendel on Sunday, April 10, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
4/10/2011 at 9:57 PM

I can't seem to find a solid source for birth year; or whether his first name was Christian and middle name Joseph or just the first name of Joseph.

4/10/2011 at 10:13 PM

Try Early Families of Milford which you can read on Google Books. Or just type "Joseph Northrup Milford" into Google Books.

He's my 9th great grandfather or thereabouts. See the project on early families of Milford for resources.

4/10/2011 at 10:15 PM

7th ggf

I don't see any evidence for a given name of Christian. Where did you see that?

4/10/2011 at 11:10 PM
4/11/2011 at 7:56 AM

Jason - you might add the sources to the Early Settlers of Milford, Connecticut project. I looked for Joseph Northrup in what I consider one of the better sources which is a complete listing of the members of the early families (book by Susan Woodruff Abbott which is listed under Sources for the project).

Shall I make you a collaborator on the project? You can add profiles regardless.

4/11/2011 at 7:57 AM

Ah, you've seen Susan W Abbott :) She's awesome but doesn't have as good info for the earliest settlers.

4/11/2011 at 7:58 AM

I think if the Northrup genealogy book, which I also have but is not a listed source doesn't have the date it's because it can't be found.

I am skeptical about modern Internet sources unless they give sources.

4/11/2011 at 8:01 AM

http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=timberdoodle&... This family tree may be the source of Christian. We could email some of these guys and ask their source.

4/11/2011 at 8:12 AM

I looked in NEGHS (New England Genealogical and Historical Society) and did not find any discussion of either his birth date or first name.

I'm guessing the birth date is not sourceable (no records) and that Christian Joseph might have been his baptismal name from when he was baptized in Milford when he was an adult (I saw that he was baptized in ~ 1643).

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion