Maud de Beauchamp - who are her parents?

Started by Hatte Blejer on Sunday, March 13, 2011
Showing all 5 posts
3/13/2011 at 9:06 PM

Is Alice de Toeni Alice de Toeni, Countess of Warwick the mother of Maud de Beauchamp?

I've traced my family up to Maud de Beauchamp, curated my Ms K Anderson :) Maud de Beauchamp is not connected to parents. I checked with Cawley Medlands, The Peerage, and then looked at the profiles of Guy de Beauchamp and Alice de Toeni. They all contradict each other.

My somewhat ancient family research says that Maud de Beauchamp was the daughter of Alice de Toeni which is what the Geni profile of Alice de Toeni says.

FMG lists 2 sons for Guy de Beauchamp and Alice Toeni. The Peerage lists 2 sons and a daughter and cites Maud as the daughter of Guy de Beauchamp but not necessarily with Alice de Toeni. And the Geni profile of Guy de Beauchamp does not list Maud de Beauchamp as a child.

3/13/2011 at 9:07 PM

Addressing Pam Wilson (on hiatus) and K Anderson.

3/13/2011 at 9:09 PM

Private User

3/14/2011 at 2:52 PM

Weis' Ancestral Roots--citing CP XI: 477, CP XII(1): 774 note 1 and XII (2): 370-72--says that Maud (who married Geoffrey de Say) is the daughter of Guy de Beauchamp and Alice de Toeni (widow of Thomas Leybourne, daughter of Ralph VII de Toeni; later married William la Zouche).

I'm not sure if CP is Complete Peerage or Cokayne's Peerage. I found this on Google Books by searching "maud de beauchamp 1310."

3/14/2011 at 2:57 PM

Hey thank you Pam!! I'll cite that in my Mary Bruen About Me.

I'll also suggest that she be connected to her probable parents to Private User

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion