Steward of England brief history etc

Started by Taylor Marie Roberts on Saturday, March 5, 2011
Showing all 4 posts
3/5/2011 at 9:12 PM

Humphrey De BOHUN (Steward of England)

Born: ABT 1120

Died: 6 Apr 1187

Notes: Baron De Bohun, Lord of Hereford. Steward and Sewer to King Henry I, and he supported Henry in the rebellion of 1173. At the instigation of Milo, his father-in-law, he espoused the cause of the Empress Maud and her son, against King Stephen, and so faithfully maintained his allegiance that the empress, by her special charter, granted him the office of Steward and Sewer, both in Normandy and in England. In the 20th year of Henry II, this Humphrey accompanied Richard De Lacy, Justice of England, into Scotland, with a powerful army to waste that country; and was one of the witnesses to the accord made by King William of Scotland and King Henry II. as to the subjection of that kingdom to the crown of England

Father: Humphrey "The Great" De BOHUN (2º B. Bohun of Taterford)

Mother: Matilda De EVREUX

Married: Margery of GLOUCESTER (b. ABT 1126 - d. 1187) (dau. of Milo of Gloucester, E. Hereford and Lord High Constable of England)

Children:

1. Humphrey De BOHUN (Constable of England)

2. Margery De BOHUN

3/6/2011 at 9:59 AM

Taylor - have you seen this project and the related projects: http://www.geni.com/projects/Boone-and-de-Bohun-Family-Project?

I think you would be interested in joining the project and also in collaborating to improve the de Bohun profiles. I noticed that some of them already have Master Profiles (designated by an "MP") although I didn't see an MP for this profile.

3/9/2011 at 12:08 AM

Hi Taylor, and welcome to Geni! I merged the oldest generations of the de Bohuns into the Master Profiles for you. Let me know if you have any questions. We encourage and welcome your collaboration.

3/12/2011 at 8:08 PM

thank you!!!

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion