Ann (Bennett) Goode

Started by Donna iLine Howse on Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
3/1/2011 at 12:54 AM

Anne Codd

There is enough conflicing information in this profle to convience me that there are profiles here that shouldn't have been merged. Is there any one knowledgable enough about this profile to untangle this mess?

3/1/2011 at 7:17 AM

Donna - I suggest that you email the curator listed. I don't know this area or I would help. By the way "Howse" is a family name of mine (Hannah Howse).

3/1/2011 at 10:06 AM

I have never done that but, I will work on figuring out how to. Hmm.. I will look for a Hannah Howse. One of the problems with this family is that there are half-brothers from my Great-Grand-father's family. That in itself isn't a problem but, those two were from the first marriage and they kept the orginal spelling my House / Howse family. The other half-siblings from the second marrige changed it to Howse. Two different stories as to why. Also, I find it spelled both ways for both sets of James Milton House's children himself and other relatives. This is a common and frequent error in the tree. Those who don't know about this change automaticly change it when they see it spelled "wrong". They think they are doing the right thing. Record keepers both private and goverment often do this too. I even note that my family who work on the Howse / House tree who should know do it to. They find records spelled wrong for the individual and they put it in incorrectly without making a note to state that is the case. My Great-Grandfather was House yet, even obituaries spelled it Howse. Due to family members who reported and didn't know better or, maybe out of habit or the person doing the linotype setup sees the childrens spelled Howse so, the assume the House is incorrect and change it themselves. It goes on and on. Than, with my Grandfather Melvin Earl Howse and his full-blood siblings they changed it from House and that causes confusion for anyone trying to search, report and record their records. Ughh.. Well, I will see about that Hannah. Do you have anymore information that you can send me? I would love to see if I can find a match in my tree. I won't be on Geni very often once I go home. So, if it doesn't get done within the next day it maybe some time before, I get to it. I can't use Geni at my own home.

3/1/2011 at 10:26 AM

Hannah Lathrop

She was married to John Lathrop (Lothropp).

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion