@General Louis Botha

Started by Steven Staples on Monday, February 28, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
2/28/2011 at 8:51 AM

My grandmother was Hendrika Aletta Botha, married to Hugh Nourse, and half-sister of General Louis Botha according to the profile of the General. My question is the identity of their mothers: General Botha's mother is given as 'Salomina Adriana * Botha' and Hendrika Aletta's mother is given as 'Salomina Adriana Botha (van Rooyen)'.

It seems highly unusual that the two wives of one man (the elder Louis Botha) would have the same given names of Salomina Adriana: are these two different women and, if so, what is the maiden name of the first?

Steven

2/28/2011 at 10:05 AM

Steven
According to my research his father was married once only , to Salomina Adriana van Rooyen . The problem with the profile : someone merged two profiles of Louis and his father and didn't complete the merge issues , you will see on the profile of Louis that it also show 2 wives but it is actually the same person (merge issues wasn't completed here as well) The problem will be rectified if everybody see to their pending merge issues , but unfortunately it doesn't happen .
Greetings
Marie

2/28/2011 at 10:23 AM

Thank you Maria Francina for the quick reply and clarification. Where are you located? I now live in Toronto, Canada?
I have quite a bit of information on the Nourse (related to the Botha family) and Staples families (1820 Settlers) that I can let you have when more complete if you wish.
Regards,
Steven

2/28/2011 at 11:14 AM

We live in Alexandria , Eastern Cape (100km east of Port Elizabeth) . My grandfather (Louis Johannes Botha 1908-1998) always told us that his father was a nephew of Genl. Louis Botha but I was not able to find the link , my own Botha tree is at a standstill as I am struggling to find the grandparents of oupa Louis , his father was Rudolph Philippus 1872-1961 but more than that is unknown . Not giving up hope to find the answers though .
Marie

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion