Project "overview"

Started by Erica Howton on Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 211-240 of 495 posts

I think that the children for these two Samuels are mixed up...we need sources of information.
Samuel Allen, Sr., of Windsor CT
Samuel Allen, of Windsor & Northampton

Samuel Allen, Jr. (1632-1718 Braintree MA)
Deacon Samuel Allen

Samuel Allen, Jr. (1632-1718 Braintree MA)
Deacon Samuel Allen

Here is a book about Samuel Allen of Windsor, CT: http://ia700309.us.archive.org/32/items/genealogyofsamue00alle/gene...

I think I posted some information on Samuel Allen previously from NEGHS. I'll go look again.

What a find Leslie!!

I suggest we work on this Samuel Allen 1588-1648 (Windsor CT)
Samuel Allen, of South Windsor

The first mistake here is the yr of birth is showing 1610 that should be changed, everyone agrees???

His wife was Ann Allen who later married William Hurlburt, of Windsor & Northampton
She died in 1687

This is his wife Ann Allen, of Braintree

Husbands of Ann Allen, of Braintree showing

are Samuel Allen, of South Windsor (which I think is correct)

are William Hurlburt, of Windsor & Northampton (which I think is correct

and Samuel Allen, of Braintree
(WHICH I THINK IS INCORRECT)

Now if I detach Ann Allen, of Braintree from Samuel Allen, of Braintree we need a Wife for him

Unknown Profile
is wife of Samuel Allen, of Braintree

Yes, that is correct Angus about the wives. It's too bad, because it makes Obadiah of Milford not related to the other Allens of Milford. Obadiah was Samuel of Windsor's son.

I attached Deacon Obadiah Allen to Samuel Allen of Windsor and Ann Allen (Hurlbut) (?). Here's what I had in his About Me, which mostly upholds this:
-----

http://books.google.com/books?pg=PR13&dq=Deacon%20Obadiah%20All...

Samuel Allen, from Braintree, Essex County, England, came to this country, and settled first at Cambridge, Mass.; thence to Windsor, Conn., about 1635, where he died April, 1648, leaving his wife, Ann, and six children. She removed to Northampton, Mass., and married again.

Children—

1. Samuel, m., 1650, Hannah Woodford, find went to Northampton;
2. Nehemiah, in., 1664,Sarah Woodford;
3. John, m. Mary Hannum, and settled in Deerfield;
4. Abigail;
5. Obadiah

Obadiah Allen, son of Samuel, of Windsor, m. Oct. 28, 1669, Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas Sandford, of Milford. He settled in Middletown, and became deacon of the church. His wife died, when he married (2) Mary, widow of John Wetmore. He died April 7, 1712, and his second wife, Mary, Oct. 26, 1723.

Another problem here
Samuel Allen, of South Windsor

Shows two Samuels as children
1 ) Deacon Samuel Allen

2) Unknown Profile

Both born in Braintree MA.

Deacon Samuel Allen
This was written by Rhonda-Lee
==
Rhonda Lee Allen Barber (Bowen)
6/11/2011 at 12:28 AM
They had 4 children: Samuel II born 1632 (moved to Bridgewater,Ma. and became known as Deacon Samuel and fought with distinction in King Philips War; Daughter Mary born 1634 married Nathaniel Greenwood: James born 1635/6 moved to Tisbury on Martha's Vineyard;Sarah born 1639 and she married Miles Standish's son Joseph.
Ann died in 1641 (age 29) and Samuel remarried to Margaret had two children Joseph born 1650 and Abagail born 1652. Joseph inherited the family property on the Fore river in Braintree and Abagail married
John Cary and moved to Bristol, R.I.
==

Deacon Samuel Allen
Personally I think the place of birth is incorrect..it should show possibly Dorchester MA, where his parents were before going to Windsor CT.

The book on the descendants of Samuel Allen of Windsor gives this for his son Samuel Jr. --

Samuel Jr. b. 1634 ; m. Nov. 29, 1659, Hannah Woodford, dau. of Thomas and Mary (Blott) Woodford. Was a freeman in 1683. He had a grant of land from the Town of Northampton, MA, Dec. 17, 1657. He d. in Northampton, MA., Oct. 18, 1718 or 1719. They had,
among other children :

1. Samuel b. in Northampton, Mass., July 6, 1675; m. in 1699, Sarah Rust, daughter of Israel Rust.

http://ia700309.us.archive.org/32/items/genealogyofsamue00alle/gene...

Samuel Allen of Windsor and Ann Allen had these children according to this book:

Children—

1. Samuel, b. 1632; m. 1650 Hannah Woodford
2. Nehemiah, born married 1664,Sarah Woodford
3. John, m. Mary Hannum, and settled in Deerfield;
4. Rebecca
5. Mary
5. Obadiah

My Samuel Allen ( son of George) Samuel Allen, of Braintree was born 1597 and died 1669
The document below says he was married to Ann Whitmore.

U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900
about Ann Whitmore

Name:

Ann Whitmore

Female

Birth Year:

Spouse Name:

Samuel Allen

Spouse
Birth Place:

EN

Spouse Birth Year:

Marriage State:

of MA

Number Pages:

Source Information:

Yates Publishing. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900

Millennium File about Samuel Allen ( George's son)

Name:

Samuel Allen

Spouse:

, Anne Whitmore

Birth Date:

Birth County:

Somerset/Cheshire

Birth Country:

England

Death Date:

5 Aug 1669

Death City:

Braintree

Death County:

Norfolk

Death State:

Massachusetts

Death Country:

USA

Parents:

George Allen, Katherine (Starke?)

Children:

James Allen

Millennium File is a database created by the Institute of Family Research to track the records of its clients and the results of its professional research. It contains more than 880,000 linked family records, with lineages from throughout the world, including colonial America, the British Isles, Switzerland, and Germany. One of the focuses of the Millennium File is linking to European nobility and royalty.

Deacon Samuel Allen of Windsor profile has 9 children: Joseph, Nehemiah, Mary (Greenwood), Deacon Obadiah, Ann, Hester (Andrews), Child, Abigail, and Joseph. That is not in agreement with the source I cited above.

It looks like Samuel, Rebecca,l and John are missing and that Hester, Child, Abigail, Joseph, and Joseph are extra. But some of them are listed by Rhonda-Lee above (Joseph, Samuel, Abigail, Mary married to Greenwood).

1. Samuel, b. 1632; m. 1650 Hannah Woodford MISSING?
2. Nehemiah, born married 1664,Sarah Woodford OKAY
3. John, m. Mary Hannum, and settled in Deerfield; MISSING
4. Rebecca MISSING
5. Mary OKAY?
5. Obadiah OKAY

Using caps to differentiate my question
RHONDA LOOK AT WHAT THIS SHOWS IT SHOWS SAMUEL WAS BORN IN 1606

My Samuel Allen ( son of George) Samuel Allen was born 1597 and died 1669
The document below says he was married to +++Ann Whitmore.+++

U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900
about Ann Whitmore

Name:

+++Ann Whitmore+++

Female

Birth Year:

+++1597+++

Spouse Name:

+++++++++++Samuel Allen++++++++

Spouse
Birth Place:

EN

Spouse Birth Year:

+++++++++++++1606+++++++++++

Marriage State:

of MA

Number Pages:

Source Information:

Yates Publishing. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900

HIS ONE DOES DEFINITELY SHOW 1597
Millennium File about Samuel Allen ( George's son)

Name:

++++++++Samuel Allen+++++++

Spouse:

, Anne Whitmore

Birth Date:

+++++++++++1597++++++++

Birth County:

++++++Somerset/Cheshire+++++

Birth Country:

England

Death Date:

5 Aug 1669

Death City:

Braintree

Death County:

Norfolk

Death State:

Massachusetts

Death Country:

USA

Parents:

George Allen, Katherine (Starke?)

Children:

James Allen

That first one where it says Spouse Birth Year:

+++++++++++++1606+++++++++++
is referring to Ann's dob and the 1597 is Samuel's , I find they sometimes reverse them on these forms. I have seen Ann 's dob as 1606 and 1611.
Also I have seen George's son Samuel have a dob of 1597and 1607.

Which verifies this
+++Some other of his sons including Ralph, Samuel, Henry and Robert had proceeded their father to America. +++

Rhonda-Lee I am trying to remove The Samuel from Windsor CT from George's Tree but do not want to do it until we straighten out the Samuel of George.

Also remember we still have two profiles for George.
Unknown Profile

and
George Allen, of Sandwich

Hatte Rubenstein Blejer

Deacon Samuel Allen

Hatte I think this Samuel is NOT from BRAINTREE MA I think he was born in Braintree, Essex County, England the child od Samuel for Windsor CT. who was also from

What do you think?

Deacon Samuel Allen was born in America SOMEWHERE in Mass, maybe Dorchester? His father came in 1630 on the Mary and John it says. Unless that's about the other Samuel. The About Me is very confused.

I agree with you about several of George Allen's sons coming to America before him. And supposedly, it was younger sons by the way.

Showing 211-240 of 495 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion