Project "overview"

Started by Erica Howton on Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 421-450 of 495 posts

Awesome, Leslie! Thanks for all you're doing to help straighten out this convoluted tangle. I vote yes.

Yes, I read your post last night. It's wonderful that you are doing this research. I recall that the Starke wife was in doubt so it's excellent that you have provided evidence to support the LNU alternative. I agree with your proposed actions/changes.

Angus Wood-Salomon

I wonder if you'd care to do the honors as per Leslie's proposal.

I especially tickled that pursuing details of his occupation led to details his marriage. That is creative researching.

Thanks guys! It will be nice to set things straight! When ever you get a chance Angus Wood-Salomon I appreciate it :D

Private User
Erica Howton
Hatte Rubenstein Blejer
Private User
Justin Durand

Hi everyone, my apologies for coming late to the party..I am presently on a job site..and will be tied up for rest of the day and tomorrow. hmm I thought I retired...lol...I am monitoring my messages on my phone. Leslie to keep this moving forward I would suggest I de-Master some of the profiles in question so that you can continue with the suggested changes..

I have tagged some of my fellow Curators that you can message for any assistance if I am not immediately available.

Another contributor was Marsha Gail Veazey

Angus Wood-Salomon
Hatte Rubenstein Blejer

I have tweaked Katherine Collins all I could now I just need someone to remove the parents and make a curator note so no one will merge with a Katherine Starke.

Thanks a bunch!

Rhonda-Lee Robin Allen Barber, U.E. Would it be possible for you to remove this document http://www.geni.com/documents/view/profile-6000000012850066274?doc_... since it no longer pertains?

Thanks!

I am on travel and may not be able to do much curating. I'll see what I can do given iPad and connectivity. No WiFi now. On iPhone.

Okay, I was able to get Internet access and to do this on the iPad. Angus Wood-Salomon you can take back curatorship. When I edited the curator's note, it automatically passed to me.

All done Leslie. :)

Thanks a bunch guys!

Private

Jon any information would greatly be appreciated..

angus,
i quickly read the 15 pages of discussion. lots of information to digest.lots of good people working on it, but i am confused. if george allen the immigrant had17/18 children . i see the dates are suspect : (1602 to 1643) )4 males 2 females) +1597 to1648 (10 males 2 females) dates w/ margaret spread too far apart. dates with katherine also too far apart. 2 families are overlapping and a 51 year span of having children is unusual. i will take a look at the files i have. how sure are the children?
i will try to find something.

Private

Jon any sources of information you have would certainly help...

angus,
my sources at the moment are not available. change of computer nixed the files till i get software to transfer.
did an extensive search last night. will read & sort today, maybe tomorrow.
i am getting familiar with the problem. will send sources and opinion in a few days. (i am no expert on the northeast ) a lot to study.

"From Joseph Allen of Windham Co CT, to the Immigrant George of Sandwich.pdf," seems to run down SAMUEL in a convincing manner.
GEORGE of Sandwich / SAMUEL SR.of Bridgewater / SAMUEL JR.1600 / JOSEPH of Windham,Ct.

THE
ALLEN FAMILY
DESCENDANTS OF GEORGE ALLEN
OF
ENGLAND AND SANDWICH, MASSACHUSETTS
BY
JACK E. MAC DONALD
POWELL, WYOMING

i do not understand the overlap of children 1st. spouse / 2nd spouse in the children of george of sandwich. am i hallucinating. something seems wrong in jack's work.

"The Saltbox house built by Priscilla and William Allen about 1672 in
Spring Hill, demolished after the death of Alden Allen in 1858."
some interesting details. the above is a pdf. by kaethe mcguire

Do you have a URL / on line link, Jon? Don't go bleary eyed on us, you're hitting some clarity (and a good source it sounds like).

"The ALLEN (R) DNA Patrilineage Project" is a good thing. google it.
it is not hidden.
i gave the name of papers. google it. it will come right up.
once i save the pdf it just gives file on my computer. normally i don't have problems sending urls. new computer software as well as computer. be patient with me. i am an old fart, struggling with built-in obsolescence, not me the computer.

[DOC]
Upon Distant Shores, My Immigrant Ancestor S Book

freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/.../distantshores.doc

a little info on children, search document for george allen.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/allan/default.aspx?section=yres...

the dan of georges' family and some others. can be used to exclude some matches.

Private Can you please explain what you mean by "overlap of children" regarding Jack MacDonald's work.

I just found this site comparing George of Sandwich to George of Saltford => http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/c/a/r/Donna-Carpenter-In...

i am new to this project so need a lot of time to catch up. reading and searching. the children as i have knowledge of lead me to believe some do not belong. jack has commented that a child was born to his first wife in england 10 years after he came to america with his second wife. the dates of children do not clearly belong to one family or the other. i could have read it wrong so i will check it out. sorry if i made a mistake.

I3055: George ALLEN (BEF 1583 - Apr 1648)
jrm.phys.ksu.edu/genealogy/needham/d0002/I3055.html

shows children....still confused. on georges' birthday 1568,1562,1586,marriage dates and number of children . have seen up to 21. and children running from 1588 to 1645. what a mess. blurry eyed.
2 family tree maker.com sites: "descendants of ralph allen 1545" & "descendants of ralph allen"
2 genealogy .com sites "ancestors of mildred francis drake" & "descendants of george allen"
www.geneamusings.com "saturday january 21,2012"
some interesting tidbits.
out of here for the day. wow! you guys & girls have a "tiger by the tail"

took another look at jack e.mac donalds' piece. children seem to be in order. i must be confused with a different source.

jack's piece seems pretty good. needs primary source verification.

still a nightmare. i had no idea till i looked into it.joan and joshua need to be looked into. if george died at eighty he was a spunky guy. samuels need more work.and on and on all you experts already know this.

I need some help in finding the parents of Mary Clark and her siblings I had to cut them loose from these parents Joseph Paul and Ann Paul

Angus Wood-Salomon From what I have been able to find => http://www.barbsnow.net/Early%20Dedham.html Mary was the daughter of these two: James Allen of Dedham & Anna Allen

However, it looks like there needs to be some work done in that area of the tree=> http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000000834409812#600000000...

Showing 421-450 of 495 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion