Geni Relationship Bug???

Started by Hatte Blejer on Friday, January 7, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 11 posts
1/7/2011 at 4:44 PM

Today I had two very odd results when I tried to find the relationship between myself and a colonial American.

Lydia Cobb is one and Governor Robert Treat is the other, but it has to be a bug in Geni or some quirk in the tree.

Lydia Cobb

What happens is that I end up a 20th granddaughter of a colonial American (e.g. Governor Treat and Lydia Cobb) and in between I see Jane Lathrop (Fuller) who is about my 9th great grandmother and who is either contemporaneous with the 20th great grand-ancestor or a century older. Now that's quirky!

I'll post an example relationship in a scond.

1/7/2011 at 7:52 PM

there will be a wrong connection in there somewhere that needs to be disconected

1/7/2011 at 8:50 PM

That is what I assume as well but it's not in my family tree, that is not in what I have input or manage. That's why I'm posting it, for someone to fix.

1/7/2011 at 8:55 PM

Hatte,

Maybe you can identify where in the path there looks to be an error? Then a curator can hone right in on it.

1/8/2011 at 8:38 AM

I also posted this in the Curator Help thread and one of the Geni staff looked and pointed out that it appears to be in Payne/Paine area. I don't have any time myself for the next week but I'll have a look and contact the curator in that area.

1/8/2011 at 12:13 PM

Mike Stangel replied in that thread:

"Hatte someone needs to get some DOBs on the Paine/Payne profiles. Everything looks good through William Payne, Sr. (b. 1502) -- after that point there are no dates and the Paynes obviously got tied up into the family of the American Revolutionary 200+ years later."

1/8/2011 at 12:16 PM

William Paine, of Newton Bury

He is my 13th great grandfather and this makes sense (born 1503) but after that the profiles should have earlier and earlier birthdates but something is amiss.

1/8/2011 at 12:19 PM

http://www.geni.com/path/Hatte+Blejer+is+related+to+Robert+Treat+Pa...

So Robert Treat Paine, a signer of the Dec of Independence is the FOURTH great grandfather of a William Payne Sr (born 1503). The problem is therefore a couple of generations ABOVE Robert Treat Paine.

1/8/2011 at 12:21 PM
Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion