Started by Private User on Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
12/15/2010 at 11:36 AM

does anyone know the Chozeh Shelo relation

Are you referring to the connection between the Yaakov Yitzhak Halevi Horowitz-Lublin Chozeh and the Yeshaya HaLevi Horowitz, ״HaShala HaKadosh״.

if you are, you might also want to check out the Horowitz Family Project
http://www.geni.com/projects/The-Levitical-Horowitz-Rabbinical-Fami...

Geni shows a rather twisted connection between them, but there ARE more direct connections (the Chozeh being a descendant). in the "worst case" they are cousins of some sort, being from different branches of the Horowitz tree. I'll try and check my written sources tomorrow.

Private User
12/16/2010 at 10:24 AM

thanks so much for that lead . but as u say i didnt c any direct connection. both r leviyim horowitz so they should b close relatead .
thanks any way

Private User
1/10/2011 at 2:33 PM

I am trying to find the connection my family has to the Shelo Yeshayeh Horowitz. I know my son is supposed to be the 21st generation. Please let me know about the accuracy of the family tree on geni.
Laya Bitman
bbitman@aol.com

1/11/2011 at 1:38 AM

HaShala Hakadosh is reasonably well set in the Horowitz family tree. Accuracy seems reasonable as well, but as in other "Great Rabbi" family lineage, some are more accurate than others since not all descendants have been entered. Also some families have sometimes "invented" family connections - perhaps in order to improve the "Yichus" for a possible "better shiduch" etc. The tree represents the input of the contributors, and some disputed profile are marked as such.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion