Related Projects:

Showing all 21 posts
12/5/2010 at 10:50 AM

Is he from the
carlson
Hedges
or Esteps line?

1/9/2011 at 5:04 PM

Elder Brewster and Gov. Bradford are both from Bonnie's family tree. Mom's people all came to this country through the southern route. John Estep was the first, in 1654 coming to Jamestown. So the Esteps have been in this country for over 350 years.

1/9/2011 at 6:04 PM

William Bradford, Governor of Plymouth Colony#

Governor Bradford's 3rd great grandfather, Peter Bradforth, is my 11th great grandfather. My 9th great grandmother was a Bradford who married a Wilbur (Wilbore).

There's something not right in the Bradford family tree at the level of Peter Bradforth and his sons.

1/9/2011 at 6:06 PM

Private User is the curator for Gov Bradford. Hopefully she'll see this and take a look at the 2 - 3 generations above him.

photo owned by Tamara Tucker Swingle
Private User
1/10/2011 at 5:48 AM

Who is Edith Myrfin? That's a new wife for Gov. Bradford's grandfather I've never seen before. The other two are correct, at least in all the researching I've done. I'm a direct descendant of Gov.. Bradford's grandfather. So I'm a cousin of Gov. Bradford.

1/10/2011 at 5:52 AM

Tammy,

Go ahead and correct it. He's well documented.

Private User
1/10/2011 at 5:58 AM

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wmayo/backus/f85.htm
I just found this. It says his only wives were Edith Myrfin and Margaret Fox. Margaret Fox is correct. Alice Morton, also on Geni, is the only other wife I've ever seen for him. His mother may have been Dorothy Turvin. Do you suppose there's confusion because of how the names sound? Of course, the first names are entirely different.

I can't find another Myrfin to merge her with. There are only 5 profiles with that name on the whole of Geni.

Any opinions?

Private User
1/10/2011 at 6:08 AM

http://www.concentric.net/~pvb/GEN/wbrad3.html
This link show what I've always seen- Alice Morton wife number 1, mother of William Bradford, grandmother of Gov. Bradford. Also mother of 2 other Bradford children. Second with Margaret Fox, mother of 1 Bradford child.

Hatte, what wives did you think he had?

Private User
1/10/2011 at 6:14 AM

http://www.lifefromscratch.com/web/pafg141.htm
Finally found one where it lists all three wives. I can't find any children for Edith Myrfin anywhere. Do you think I should leave her for now, and make sure all children are listed with the correct mother, and let it go at that for now?

1/10/2011 at 6:58 AM

Tammy, I wasn't focused on wives. What I noticed was there was something amiss in the tree probably in the relationship of Peter Bradforth to one or more of his children. I was a direct descendant of Peter Bradforth's son but not of Peter Bradforth and there was no discernible reason (such as multiple marriages) for this.

Private User
1/10/2011 at 7:07 AM

Hatte, I haven't gotten that far yet. I started with William Bradford, grandfather of Gov. Bradford (who raised him). I found the new wife, and the children all mixed up between wrong mothers, with multiple profiles. I'll work my way down. But it will take a while- it's the usual mess one finds. I think there might be children of the Gov. who have been merged with his grandfather's wives. I found one daughter who was in the wrong family entirely.
And just when I was wondering what I would work on today! This will give me a job for the day- or longer!

1/10/2011 at 7:24 AM

This looks like the definitive source:

"Ancestry of the Bradfords of Austerfield," New England Historic and Genealogical Register 83(1929):439+, 84(1930):5+.

I'll see if I can find a link for it.

1/10/2011 at 7:27 AM

While searching ran across this site, which looks really complete and detailed. It should be in the "Bradford Family" project as a resource if it isn't already.

1/10/2011 at 7:31 AM

Here's the google book link for the NEHGS article:

http://tinyurl.com/28fv48r

1/10/2011 at 11:07 AM

There are three profiles for Peter Bradforth. Here is one of them Peter Bradford.

I sent Tammy the Concentric site which claims that Peter Bradforth was married twice and had five children by each of his wives. Robert is a son by the first wife. He is the ancestor of Governor Bradford. Richard is a son by the second wife, if Concentric's information is correct, and I am a descendant of Richard through Alice Bradford Wilbur. Peter Bradforth is my 12th g grandfather.

It's clear that we have multiples and not complete information about the Bradford family above Gov. Bradford.

1/10/2011 at 11:10 AM

There is no Bradford Family Project yet, Erica Howton

1/10/2011 at 11:12 AM

I'll check the information I have on Alice Bradford Wilbur. I downloaded an old genealogy of the Wilbore family.

1/10/2011 at 3:24 PM

There is now. Tammy & Hatte, you've been joined up as collaborators. Anyone else, just click "request to join." Let's get this clarified in Geni.

http://www.geni.com/projects/Bradford-Family

1/10/2011 at 3:50 PM

Thanks Erica Howton!

I added ANN Bradford Wilbur to the project profiles. I have been calling her Alice for some reason.

Anne Wildbore

1/10/2011 at 8:29 PM

Keep on adding profiles. I put in a ton of resources. I was having fun researching. Also, Gov. Bradford is a personal hero of mine. I just tear up when I think of that good man. OK, I've been working on Mayflowers too long, obviously. :)

1/11/2011 at 6:27 AM

My mom say that my grandmother (her mother) always claimed that we were related to Governor Bradford. Apparently my grandmother did not feel her family was as lofty as the Williams - Stowe - Gallup family. But when we started looking at the Johnson family, we found lots of interesting connections INCLUDING being descendants of the Bradfords (through the Wilbore/Wilbor/Wilbur family).

Showing all 21 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion