Proof of connection between Boone and de Bohun?

Started by Jonas Samuel Wilson on Sunday, November 21, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-51 of 51 posts

They was saying we was related to both those names.

They was saying we was related to both those names. I remembered my mom talking to my sister about it.

Has anyone here had Family Tree DNA testing (either y-DNA or Family Finder)? There is a Boon(e) project that may help people who have asked questions here.

My own link is through Boon(e) in Lancashire (e.g. Ashton in Makerfield, Golborne and Winwick). I suspect that many of the Boones in the US descend from lateral line(s) that emigrated to the coal-mining areas of the US in the 18th and 19th C, and have little or no link with Norman aristocracy. The matches I've found through DNA testing provide supporting evidence.

The On-line Parish Clerk site for Lancashire is invaluable: http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Search/indexp.html This site is gives useful insights into the areas where Boon(e)s are most common:
http://gbnames.publicprofiler.org/Map.aspx?name=BOONE&year=1881...

It's my understanding that the De Bohun line went extinct many years ago. I think there is much wishful thinking about supposed connections with the Normans, and it seems a pity to ignore other possibilities. Family stories about connections with ancient lineage often, in my experience, prove to be myths.

The Bryans and Boones (Sarah Morgan Boone married Wm. Christopher Bryan, for example, in my family tree) intermarried extensively in KY and MO in the 18th. C. So many of my Bryan and Boone ancestors are related to Humphrey de Bohun.

And my Geni line directly links me to Humphrey de Bohun thru the Bryans-who are also royal (from Edward III).

Rather, I mean Mary* Morgan Boone born 1741 - sister of Samuel and Daniel Boone.

Another reason to suspect that supposed royal connections are wishful thinking is that the name Boon(e) from Lancashire may be a misspelling on Bone and Bowen.

It does seem a pity to get fixated on royal ancestry based on hearsay or dodgy published trees without following up DNA links which might help group people into clearly identifiable lines that may - or may not - be related to royalty.

Well, in my case, the Boones of MO are royal from Edward III thru Baroness Margaret Bryan wife of Sir Francis Bryan I to me.

I would be very interested to hear how you were able to assemble the evidence.

Just take a gander, if you will, at my line on Geni. It's all there.

Were you able to consult primary sources?

This is the Master Profile for Charlemagne.
Curator Note from Sharon Doubell (10/6/2014):
Charlemagne.
http://www.geni.com/projects/Charlemagne-Emperor-of-the-West/1550
Please don't create duplicate profiles this high up in the Big Tree.
It's DAYS of work to merge in.
If you can track your line to him below, he is already in your tree!

Yes, I was, Mary. It was done by the DAR. And, I and my sister researched our line back to Charlemagne, as you can see. Thank you for your interest. Our line says in "Charlemagne's Master Profile: Charlemagne is your 32nd great grandfather." Any more questions?

Thanks. I have no intention of creating a profile as I recognize the need to consult primary sources before believing any of the online trees and incorporating unvalidated information.

I do hope you will consider having DNA testing and join the FT-DNA Boone project.

Did the DAR consult primary sources? (When did they do their research?) Do they acknowledge the many questions raised by nonpaternal events?

Thanks. I'll take your questions under advisement. And, considering that the DAR genealogist is a professional, I don't think impugning their integrity by answering your questions re: their research is appropriate. Furthermore, I will entertain no other inquiries about it.. Have a nice day.

I am sorry that you feel that way. Thanks for the information.

According to you, Mary, I didn't give you any... And that's the way I am going to keep it.

My last name is Boone, my fathers name Willam, my sister Mary, My great great grandmother was a Boone. My grea.t grandfather was the result of Augustus Somerfeld Merrimon, and a woman he knew with last name Boone, the judge was a married man, Mosey was her maiden name. His wife.

Ironically enough, I am both a DeBohun and Boone descendant. Using the Windsor Genealogy online profile and DNA from Ancestry, the closest I can get the link in time is just over 100 years between my last DeBohun and my first Boone ancestor.
As for the Morgan, that one is part of my link as well. Yes she's Welsh, and may be a sister to Henry, both a privateer and nobleman (my speculation). As for the origins of De Bohun, that is into the Plantagenet family line, which my DNA test took me towards.

My first cousin Robert boone did the ancestry DNA it showed no match for Daniel Morgan boone but for an Daniel Updike boone my surname boone was originally bohun or de bohun

I gave Daniel Boone Society my Boone Grandfathers line ,They told me my Boone Lineage does not
connect to Daniel Boone the frontiersman lineage but thru a Daniel Updike Boone a prosecuting attorney of Rhode Island

Showing 31-51 of 51 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion