Is Eleanor de Beaumont d/o 2nd Earl?

Started by Terry Jackson (Switzer) on Friday, November 19, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
11/19/2010 at 6:47 AM

I can find no reference to Eleanor de Beaumont d/o Robert 2nd Earl of Leicester & wife of Hammon Massey anywhere apart from private family trees however neither can I find Hamon Massey and as I know that Dunham Massey exists I am sure he did as well. Can anybody place these correctly with a source? Are they on Stirnet?

5/6/2023 at 11:57 AM

Correct. I have tried to elucidate the ancestry of Eleanor de Beaumont, and I likewise have found no evidence that she is a daughter of Robert de Beaumont-le-Roger, Comte de Meulan, 1st Earl of Leicester. If this connection is valid, the her lineage can be traced back to Charlemagne. In my own lineage I have seen about six alternative lineages that claim descent from Charlemagne, but with every single one, one link in the chain becomes unstuck in exactly the same way. I cannot claim an ancestor without provenance. Those posting ancestors should provide cast iron provenance otherwise the linages posted have no more validity than that of Frodo Baggins.

5/6/2023 at 10:29 PM

Cross referencing previous discussion.

https://www.geni.com/discussions/163062?msg=1121147

I’m going ahead as detaching the wife of Hamon II de Massey, Baron of Dunham Massey as a daughter of Robert de Beaumont-le-Roger, Comte de Meulan, 1st Earl of Leicester or of his son Sir Robert de Beaumont, Knight, Earl of Leicester, Justiciar of England

Nor is there any evidence besides hobbyist sites for the name “Eleanor de Beaumont.”

The history of the county palatine and city of Chester. [on large paper, cm ...
By George Ormerod. Page 520. https://books.google.com/books?id=DYY1AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA520#v=onepage&q...

www.geni.com/media/proxy?media_id=6000000194383010836&size=large

5/13/2023 at 5:18 AM

I live within walknig distance of Dunham Massey

These might help.

Mike Nevell (1997). The Archaeology of Trafford. Trafford Metropolitan Borough with University of Manchester Archaeological Unit. p. 27. ISBN 1-870695-25-9.

^ Thomas Christopher Banks, The Dormant and Extinct Baronage of England (1807:206): "6. Massey, or Dunham Massey"

5/13/2023 at 8:44 AM

Thank you, I added the citations to profiles.

5/13/2023 at 8:55 AM

Sir Robert de Beaumont, Knight, Earl of Leicester, Justiciar of England is your 27th great grandfather.
Hamon II de Massey, Baron of Dunham Massey is your second cousin 26 times removed
Robert de Beaumont-le-Roger, Comte de Meulan, 1st Earl of Leicester is your 28th great grandfather.

Private User
5/14/2023 at 5:36 AM

Robert de Beaumont-le-Roger, Comte de Meulan, 1st Earl of Leicester is your 25th great grandfather.
Descendant & Researcher, S.R. Smith

Private User
5/14/2023 at 5:39 AM

Sir Robert de Beaumont, Knight, Earl of Leicester, Justiciar of England is your 25th great uncle.
Relative & Researcher, S.R. Smith

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion