the list of "joke" profiles ...

Started by Erica Howton on Saturday, October 30, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 10 posts
10/30/2010 at 10:03 PM

... is pretty hilarious.

Don't get rid of Princess Dog! Awww ....

11/11/2010 at 9:11 AM

Erica...is this one legit? I noticed you were following her.

Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova

My searching on the internet states this is the daughter who supposedly "survived" the attack in 1908(?) on her family...which was later proven false when bodies were found in the early 90's.

11/11/2010 at 9:20 AM

Yes, that's why I'm following her. Didn't they do a movie or two about her? "Anastasia"? Bergman? "She" was last online September 7, 2010. I merge "Her" profiles. :)

Private User
11/11/2010 at 10:52 AM

The person claiming to be Anastasia, despite suspicions that she wasn't the Grand Duchess, I guess was nonetheless treated well by the surviving members of the Romanovs (those that weren't in Russia during the Revolution). I'm sure there is more on her on Wikipedia, just too lazy to look at the moment. :) (Actually, trying to figure out if the rumor of King Henri I of France dying after drinking an elixir against senility has any sort of validity to it - can't seem to find the source of it, but it's on half a dozen online Henri profiles...)

12/8/2010 at 10:07 AM

I will now add some here:
Private User (Calaimed)
and his Father:
Private
and mother
Private

Most of these Medusas:
http://www.geni.com/search?group=everyone&names=Medusa

Snow White
Snow Rabbit
Roger Rabbit

Maybe this tree of dogs was listed already?:
Sirius de Urrunaga [Tricolor]

Private User
12/8/2010 at 11:26 AM

Sorry - just can't not post that link to Sirius [Tricolor]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Internet,_nobody_knows_you'...

Lauri - can't find now but Henn has horses trees also ...

Private User
12/8/2010 at 12:58 PM

Henn's daughter have the horse tree listed in the project description and she spent two years building that. As on my comment on that Geni would be a perfect tool for that ;-)

Having met to many people who treats their pets as their children I am not hunting them down either, but I do understand people who reacts that their cousin is a dog.

My major focus on fake accounts and profiles are those who are connected, so I suggest we add those dog trees to the front-page together with the horses.

My main target for removing fake accounts are claimed historical profiles blocking merges with their privacy protection.

I also have a priority on fake royal managers and especially those reenactment/impersonation group profiles with wild connections. It will be fatal if those get merged into the main line, and one of them got connected to Crown Prince Charles as his sister, but I think I got rid of her.

Private User
12/8/2010 at 3:15 PM

Let's not worry about including pedigree trees to this list. The few times one might include animals to the list are :

- if a tree was started under fictitious characters (who is an animal)
- a real person is connected to a character, who is an animal (i.e. Bob Dylan is the husband of Roger Rabbit)

Pedigree trees for horses, dogs, etc. are of no real concern at the moment as there is no high chance of other users receiving match requests between those animals and real people on the site (thus no merges).

Also, if user has decided to add their pet to their own tree- that is their own choice. So, those will not be removed either.

Private User
12/11/2010 at 2:42 PM

has anyone seen any companies trees? my genealogy teacher (Raivo M.), who is in business is responsible for accounting or finances or stuff like that, told that he is using genealogical logic to present companies relations. that would make sense also, wouldn't it - instead blood and genes there would be money ...

12/11/2010 at 2:55 PM

Märt,

See the front page of this project under the section:

Miscellaneous or Possible Placeholder names for real people (or possibly real people):

There are a couple of company profiles included.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion