for curators: my profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1651-1680 of 1795 posts

Please consider for MP: Jacek Marcin Kaczmarski

Best wishes,

KW

Andrew Quinn Champion & Karol Antoni Wodyński - Done.
(If anyone is looking for some interesting research, many of those by Andrew - and Karol's - could use some extending of their ancestors to get them well-connected into the World Tree.)

Andrew Quinn Champion

Done except for last two, sent requests to family to Master them

Dear Curators,

Here is the primary force behind the establishment of the Free Library of Philadelphia, William Platt Pepper , and his wife, Alice Pepper . Please note the little bio done by Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, writer, historian, and Civil War hero.

Thanks,
Jessie German

Thank you Kevin!

Is anyone in this family good enough to be a master profile?

Thanks

Enoch Johannes Petersen
George Edmund Petersen
Edmund Bernhard Petersen, Sr.

Dear Curators,

Here is an interesting doctor, Dr. Alfred Stengel, MD .
Thanks,
Jessie German

Done!

A beautiful profile Jessica Marie German

Thanks Pam!

Private User

Very nice tree work, excellent sourcing. Only thing I miss is perhaps developing a biography in the overview.

Made MP & added the sailors to the project
http://www.geni.com/projects/United-States-Navy/16477

Awesome, thanks Erica! I will start working on bios for them

Marie-Josephte Corriveau

Marie-Josephte Corriveau
i think it deserve a mp

merci
martin

Martin RhNegativ

It sure does..

thank you Mr Salomon
if you read a bit of the story a priest have to have a lie ,
at this time problem where solve localy with the acording law.
whos that priest? one of my ancestor with no charge after.

La corriveau we call her here in Quebec was judge under britanic invasion
martin

Hello Dear Curators and Cousins!

Please, take my Grosvenor/Whitney lines into consideration, for MPing.

They begin here with my 3rd Great Grandmother-
Elizabeth Ann Cromer (Grosvenor)

Hiram Grosvenor

From Hiram up the Grosvenor Branch through the male lines, up until John Grosvenor.

My Grosvenor path upwards... Hiram > Nathan > Richard > Leicester, Jr., Capt. > Leicester, Sr. Capt. > John
John Grosvenor, Sr.

Whitney Lines:
Araminta Margaret Grosvenor (Whitney) Houser

From Araminta up through her father´s branch Paternally, through Whitney up until- Joseph Whitney. The other´s are already MP´d up through John.

My Whitney path is like this:
progressing upwards... Joseph > Benjamin > John > Benjamin > John

A founder of Newburg, New York:
Wolvert Ecker

Nice... Thank you Alice :)

Can you please make these brothers MP as they tend to get merged together with the incorrect information:
Unknown Profile
Elijah Grant

Here is my source for the information, showing that they are brothers:
http://dunhamwilcox.net/me/me_bio_grant.htm
See: (III) Josiah, son of John Grant

Thank you

Alice sorry sorry I will fix this immediately..

Dear Curators,
Although somewhat eclipsed by the success of his wife, Cornelia Wadsworth , I think that, considering his battlefield bravery, Captain Montgomery Harrison Ritchie , is deserving of MP status. Although it is true that his wife's father was a Union General and undoubtedly had great influence over him, Ritchie came from a wealthy family and could have easily purchased a substitute to serve for him, as many wealthy young men did. The fact that he chose to serve, and risked his life to secure his father-in-law's body on the battlefield makes him more than worthy of consideration.
Thanks,
Jessie German

I'm sure he was a fine man. But if there is a point in this discussion, itis surely that the profile is "good enough" in genealogical terms rather than the morality of the person; in other words, he might have been Hannibal Lector, but if the genealogy around him is complete then he might rate a managed profile.

I have (of course) no objection if a curator wants to take this on. But one has to remember that there are only a handful of curators. If they stretch themselves too thinly they will not be able to monitor mismerges of the profiles they curate. In my view their energy is much better spent on (in America) early immigrants, where there are many false or disputable genealogies, or (in England) early Tudor or medieval times, when again there are a lot of false or disputable lines. Once there are fairly reliable records of births, deaths, and marriages (and places) the chances go down of a mismerge (although I have to say that I have seen some pretty bizarre things on the internet about my own family).

By the way, is this Ritchie of the same family as Barbara Ritchie as in

"Shoot, if you must, this old grey head
But spare your country's flag", she said

?

Mark

Luckily it's easy, not time consuming, and pleasurable to read and enjoy a quality profile. For Jessie's work it's also catching up on the life & times of Boston Brahmin's, and has changed my impression of them.

Keep up the great work Jessie, this fellow was quite a hero, and in ways we don't usually think of.

Thanks Erica!

BTW, his brother, Harrison, well documented but not particularly interesting, lived at 84 Beacon Street. The home he lived in was torn down and replaced by the building best known as the model for Cheers. I have no idea if he is related to Barbara Ritchie.

As usual no picture but her husband had two wives and every tree i have ever seen thought they were the same woman!

Please MP Geertien Roelfs and i'll work on the new profile for the other woman until it's good enough to MP.

Alex - done.

Thanks Pam, can we do wife #3 just for luck :)
Jantje Hendriks Beuker

Showing 1651-1680 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion