for curators: my profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 91-120 of 1795 posts

Done.

But there's no profile for Calamity Jane!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calamity_Jane

photo owned by Tamara Tucker Swingle

I haven't looked for her, but here's John Sutter of Sutter's Mill

Here's Calamity Jane. She's in a different tree.

Oops- Martha Jane Burke, AKA Calamity Jane.

Tammy,

Done. You are wonderful. And stay focused. This one is my kind of Project!

Nathaniel Johnson

Please make him a master profile. I have to add a couple of more children but he's mostly correct.

His wife was Abigail UNKNOWN, not Abigail Stanfull May. He was NOT married to Mary Haven. His son, Nathaniel, was married to Mary Haven. There's a lot of confusion about Nathaniel and Abigail and I want to avoid having this profile confused with his son and having his wife confused with his step mother in the future.

Made Abigail Johnson and Nathaniel Johnson into Master Profiles. Check the curator notes for wording for me.

Thanks Erica. Private User and I are having an interesting discussion in the Captain John Johnson project about the wife of Nathaniel Johnson. I'm fairly sure that multiple sources have mixed up this Abigail with Nathaniel's step-mother. Either that, or Nathaniel was married to and having children with his step mother more than a decade before his father died :)

Either way, safest to assume for the moment that they are different Abigails.

Hatte, I'm trying to get the Nathaniels into the correct generations. Did the Nathaniel who was married to Mary Haven also have a son named Nathaniel?

Hatte, have I got this straight? This family is enough to drive a saint to drink:)
Humphrey Johnson m1 Elinor Cheney m2 Abigail Stansfield widow of Samuel May http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~villandra/MomF/f2...

Nathaniel Johnson son of Humphrey and Elinor m. Abigail Unknown
Nathaniel Johnson, son of Nathaniel and Abigail Unknown
m. Mary Haven

Let me know if I have that much correct.

Private User Yes so far, so good with what you wrote above about Humphrey and his wives and his son Nathaniel and his wife Abigail LNU. I do not know about Nathaniel the son of Nathaniel and Abigail LNU who married Mary Haven, whether he also had a son Nathaniel. I saw there were some cycles with him and his father which I assume you're working on. I just got the MPs in place with the right mothers/fathers/kids and left some of the other weird profiles unmerged for now because of those headaches.

You wrote (and the good sources agree): Humphrey Johnson m1 Elinor Cheney m2 Abigail Stansfield widow of Samuel May http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~villandra/MomF/f2...

Nathaniel Johnson son of Humphrey and Elinor m. Abigail Unknown
Nathaniel Johnson, son of Nathaniel and Abigail Unknown
m. Mary Haven

The source that you pointed me to says this:

Children of NATHANIEL JOHNSON and MARY HAVEN are:
i. JONATHAN7 JOHNSON, b. January 30, 1709/10, Sherborn, Middlsx, Ma; d. November 27, 1776.
76. ii. JAMES JOHNSON, b. July 21, 1711, Sherborn or Fram, Middlesex, Ma; d. April 11, 1788, Sturbridge, Worcs., Ma.
iii. JOHN JOHNSON, b. October 20, 1714, Sherborn, Middlsx, Ma.
iv. HANNAH JOHNSON, b. February 21, 1716/17, Sherborn, Middlsx, Ma.
v. NATHANIEL JOHNSON, b. October 04, 1718, Sherborn, Middlsx, Ma; d. July 21, 1733.

Hatte, I went over and over that, and couldn't see the forest for the trees. Thanks for sorting it out for me.

And since the third Nathaniel died at age 15, he is unlikely to have married and fathered children.

Hatte, take a look. I think I have the Nathaniels and their wives in the correct generations now.

I finally figured out Abigail Stansfied May Johnson had both husbands on the tree as her fathers. I took care of that mess, too.

I'll take a look :) Thanks!

The Captain John Johnson family is in MUCH better shape. Thanks to Tammy and Erica for help.

Not my profile but it should be a MP. Maj. Audie Leon Murphy
There should be a project for Medal of Honour winners

Good profile. Made him MP but will leave it to someone else to start the Medal of Honour Project (good suggestion!)

Erica, I am still learning how to do projects and I think that one should be done by someone a lot more experienced (and eloquent) than I am

I'm sure they will be along.

I'm not really a war buff and I need to concentrate on my own American Revolutionary War ancestors before I progress to more advanced work like Medal of Honor.

Eldon, if you start a project like that, I'm sure that many others will join you and will add Medal of Honor recipients to the project. That would be a nice one. Go for it! Eloquence not needed ;^)

Well I started it but when I try to add a profile, I get the infamous " We are having difficulties" message:-(

It works now!

Done. Thanks Eldon!

Your welcome, I did the tree stuff and thought it should be a MP.

Definitely post here any profile you run across that is "good enough to be an MP" as you run across them.

Showing 91-120 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion