for curators: my profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 331-360 of 1795 posts

More San Diego Notables:

John Diedrich Spreckels

Albert Spalding

Curators: Please assist with my previous requests - thank you in advance!

Jacqueli,
WHY do you want to MP your OWN profile? It can't be done. But I'm curious as to the motive. Being an MP will NOT, by the way, prevent anybody else from adding an identical profile.

Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן I didn't mean for myself - but for the rest - I belive it has been taken care of - thank you.

Private User

Feel free to take over the MPs of your Findley ancestors!

I see that there are an increasing number of MP profiles where there is nothing under "About Me" to justify them being MP'd.

What protocols NOW apply to such a request too a Curator.
Surely there should be something to substantiate the MP.

Where am I missing things and then if this is an arbitrary thing - why bother to MP someone of substance.

Just wondering

Richard John Sparkman:

The basic premise behind creating a Master Profile is to provide a guideline for accuracy in merging. It means that a curator has looked at the profile and has said "this is as correct as I can get it TODAY," so I'm designating this profile the Master. There may be missing dates or parents or whatever. The more ancient the profile, the more likely that will happen and the less likely that those facts will ever be found.

There may or may not be an overview statement for every profile. The basis for the MP may be in the sources given or may be found on the parent's, spouse's or child's profile. Few of us are talented enough as writers to come up with an entry on the overview for the profile. The other option is to copy and paste from various internet sources.

Also, in a few cases there are good reasons to MP profiles to avoid merges that create more work in the line. For instance, where there are family members with the same name, such as two children of the same parents in Colonial America, with the same name, a curator might MP both children and put Curator's Notes on each, to avoid them being merged together.

Many curators iterate on a profile, first putting rough facts in About Me and Curator's Notes and at a later stage create a more polished profile.

And this one to be MP'd also -

Eugenius Shaw Farquharson McFinlay

Thank you in advance

and I have one more when you get the time - thank you.

Fergus Farquhar McFinley

And yet another when you can get to it curators :)

Thane Ruari McFinlay

I'll go ahead and move on these...

Thanks Victar for the help with the name translations.
Could we get them made MPs?
Bill Vukovich
Bill Vukovich II
Bill Vukovich III
Eli Vukovich

Eldon Lester Clark, you're welcome but I'm going to defer this to Private User who is more of a representative to Yugoslavia than I.

Thanks Victar
Eldon, there are few minor errors, I am away with a
limited Internet access 'till next week

I have spiffied up the profile for Alderman William Pickett, Lord Mayor of London and think he deserves to be an MP. What do you all think?

Leslie - Alderman Pickett looks great and is now an MP!

Thanks Jenna!

Got him Eldon!

Thanks Jenna!

one of my husband's grandfathers:

Moses Sleeper

thanks!

Showing 331-360 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion