for curators: my profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 271-300 of 1795 posts

Thanks Brittany....Adam looks great...and you do awesome research!!!

There was no source uploaded for Adam Kyler Petty so I added it

Oh! Haha! I totally forgot. Thanks, Marvin!

It's such an easy step, but yes, I forget myself sometimes. It's OK unless you can't find it again!

a cousin of my husbands who led a very interesting a full life:

Hon. John Sherburne Sleeper (Author, Politician)

Lizzie - I love the title Saltwater Bubbles!

Private User too cute, huh? he was an amazing man! he went to sea at an early age, was a sea captain, newspaper editor, journalist, novelist and a politician. i have really enjoyed researching because there is so much out there about him.

and another cousin of my husband:

Brevet Major Jacob Henry Sleeper (USA)

Got 'em, Lizzie.

Private User thank you! :)

Adam Kyler Petty still hasn't been made an MP. Anything else I can do to spruce him up?

I got him Brittany! I couldn't read the whole profile, I started sniffling as soon as I realized how he died at 20 years old.

I am honored to look after his profile.

The first of the racing Petty's
Lee Arnold Petty

Read it when you can Erica...Brittany did an excellent job.

Anita, It is not my profile just a suggestion for MP. We probably need projects for Hall of Fame people. At least on of those would grow slowly :-)
My main racing interest is Indianapolis and USAC.
http://www.thegreatest33.com/default.aspx#home

Ha Eldon! Guess everyone knows what we are going to be doing this Sunday. I will watch them both!

I will work on Lee...no time right now, but will get some Hall of Fame Links added.

How about just an Auto Racing Project for now, to encompass all forms of racing in all countries..then we can do related projects on Top 33, Nascar, Formula 1, etc. Thoughts?

Anita, Things are already started here http://www.geni.com/projects/Fast-Furious I will do a sub project on USAC http://www.usacracing.com/ as my first love is Midgets. When I was growing up in Los Angeles, you could go to midget races every night of the week. They regularly drew crowds of 30000 even on weeknights. Then one of my sons raced Quarter Midgets

Thanks, Anita. I have pruned Lee's profile and added the links you posted. Lee Arnold Petty is indeed ready to be made an MP.

You are welcome Brittany. Cool Eldon...how did your son do in Quarters? I didn't really grow up on racing...can still remember complaining that Dad HAD to watch Saturday night racing on TV in the 80's. Do you remember when A.J. Foyt was sponsored by Gilmore's, back in the 70's and 80's I think? Well, Gilmore's was THE family in Kalamazoo (where I grew up), so everyone watched A.J., no matter what he was driving. I watch Indy 500 and that is about it that isn't NASCAR.

all this talk about cars has me remembering my childhood spent at race tracks as my dad was a drag racer...then i went on to marry a drag racer. i can still remember the sound of dragsters in my ears when i went got home from the track. ahhh, memories!

Anita, My son was a good driver but to big for his age so always raced at a disadvantage. Spotting the other kids 25 to 50 pounds in a car that size was not good. We ordered a new car and went on vacation. When we got back went out to pick it up and he was to big for it so it had to be reworked. When he was 13 he out weighed me and was 4 inches taller. His car was #20 for Gordon Johncock because # 14 was taken but his first cat was "Coyote Orange" if you remember that

Of course I remember Gilmore I go back way before that. I remember when Vukie went over the wall in 55, was laying on the beach with a newfangled thing called a transistor radio.

Can we please make Ned Jarrett an MP? His son's should be as well, but they need a LOT of work first.

Ned Jarrett (race car driver)

Brittany...can you add this link to Lee Arnold Petty please? It is a transcript of the speeches given by him and his family at the NASCAR Hall of Fame Induction for the First Class of Inductees on May 23, 2011. http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=71260

And this is a Q&A with his son Maurice about Lee from the same ceremonies. http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=71267

Anita

I added a couple of sources to the Ned Jarrett profile and cited those sources (his official website; the transcript from the induction into Hall of Fame)

Those sources can also be added to his children and used as "facts" on their profiles. Let me know if you need my help on that.

Ned Jarrett (race car driver)

Thanks Erica! After a LOT of trial and error, I think I have sources and documents figured out.

Thanks, Anita! I added them.

a cousin of my husbands:

Edward Payson Dutton (Publisher)

Lizzie - Keep 'em coming. I love, love, love my books!

Showing 271-300 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion