Started by Private User on Sunday, October 24, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 13 posts
Private User
10/24/2010 at 12:18 PM

Pierre Bergeron

I have asked the primary manager if he can break the link.
I have tried.. the SW refuses to do it. Perhaps someone else can if he can not.

We have no idea who is parents were. And they were definitely not 200 years younger than he was.

10/24/2010 at 12:23 PM

I'm on the case DLD. Something is screwed up around there as I can't see how to break the parents off either. They are from the 1800s ... and Pierre is from the 1600s ... a couple of zombies in the tree, maybe that's the problem.

Will advise.

Private User
10/24/2010 at 12:28 PM

Done....

There was no parent connection to cut in the relationships tab, but I have some tricks...

10/24/2010 at 12:47 PM

Thank you super Bjorn -- I am baffled but that's OK. :)

10/24/2010 at 1:49 PM

I do not know why you contacted me. I do not know who Pierre Bergeron is. I was married to a Victor Bergeron but no family tree is known for him

Private User
10/25/2010 at 10:14 AM

Claudette, I contacted the primary manager of the profile.
Thanks Bjorn & Erica. For some reason geni would not allow me to break the connection, even though I am one of the managers.

I spent yesterday & Saturday cleaning up the mess...People have confused two women as the same person. They also had erroneous assumed that just because two ancestors from France have the same name, they have the same parents.

This particular error came about because people copied from a Family site. which had this error, without thinking or checking the links in the site.
This error will crop up again, I am sure.

Regards
DLD (aka Donna-Lee)

10/25/2010 at 11:06 AM

Nice to see your name, Donna-Lee!

There's a moratorium on GEDCOM imports so once we clean up, we have a good chance of it staying that way for once. And floating a "curator note" does seem to help in the "human eyes on" step of approving merges.

Have I mentioned that I hate GEDCOM's? It's a drinking song.

Private User
8/4/2013 at 7:04 PM

Pierre Bergeron and Catherine Marchand did marry. He is my 10th Great-grandfather. There are two Catherine Marchand. My Catherine stayed in France when Pierre came to Canada. 2nd Catherine Marchand apparently was an orphan at an early.age. She married Laurent Archambault .. Her parents were Pierre Marchand and Genevieve Lepine. It took a very long time in research to find this . Then i also found the possibility my Catherine had been married before she married Pierre Bergeron. I have my lineage almost completed but can't print until this is corrected. Denise Arndt nee Bergeron

Private User
8/4/2013 at 7:34 PM

Private User, could you expand on what needs to be corrected.

Here is the profile of Catherine Marchand that married Pierre Bergeron.

Here is the profile of Catherine-Marie Marchand that married Laurent Archambault.

We have them as separate people.

Private User
8/5/2013 at 9:03 AM

I am not able to see the info you suggested as safari flips it out. You do not have to correct anything, I do on my lineage. Having found Geni with Bergeron name, I was hoping to get more info. I have my own tree. thanks Denise

Private User
8/5/2013 at 9:16 AM

Great, I hope you'll share any new discoveries with us. :)

8/5/2013 at 8:50 PM

do not know why you are contacting me in this regard...

Private User
8/6/2013 at 6:54 AM

Claudette Marie Herie Norbury, This is a forum discussion tied to a profile. I'm not sure why you're being notified about it as I don't see you listed as a manager or a follower of the profile. That is very strange and I apologize for what is probably "spam" messages. Here is what I can suggest in order not receive any more (though if someone specifically tags you like I did above, you'll be notified). Go to the top of this thread and click the "Unfollow" link or click this link: http://www.geni.com/discussions/mute/83194. Review your notification settings to make sure you're getting the messages you want: http://www.geni.com/account_settings/notifications

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion