Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 181-210 of 213 posts

Sweet. Thanks, Anita.

Can a curator make this a MP please? Elizabeth Lewis

Done, and added to SODI project.

Thanks Erica!

OK...how do I resolve this? I posted it here as it is a SODI profile.

http://www.geni.com/tree/index/6000000000250410892?highlight_id=600...

Whichever set of parents I choose (John and Mary, Mary and John, no change) I get a notice that it will split the tree.

Is this because an incorrect profile was merged in?

Just follow the instructions and merge the profiles first.

How do you merge profiles when you're the one that has requested a merge and no one is responding?

Bjorn...I did, no duplicates left to merge, just to choose a set of parents. What am I missing?

photo owned by Tamara Tucker Swingle

I've had that happen many times, even when I don't think there were any other profiles to merge, in various parts of the tree. Maybe I just wasn't seeing them.

Ok, I just followed the merge requests and that specific profile seem to be OK now.

Thanks Bjorn...looks good to me as well.

Here is @William Williams, Signer of the "Declaration of Independence"<William Williams, signer of the "Declaration of Independence">
of Connecticut
Birth: April 8, 1731
Death: August 2, 1811 (80)
Immediate Family:
Son of Rev. Solomon Williams and Mary Williams (Porter)
Husband of Mary Williams (Trumbull)
Father of Solomon Williams, Faith Williams and William Trumbull Williams

Michael,

Done, and added to Project.

Many thanks!

Hey...can someone look at this merge?

http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/5107009272950044292?return=bulk_c...

I am concerned that, of the 15 or so total children, only two are on both trees....???

This one is worrisome, as well. I declined one merge because dates were vague and family members were off...then this one came up.

http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000005012623447?to=6000000001...

I think we might have two George Ross's...that or he had a secret life!

This one is going to need a curator to fix....

Gov. Stephen Hopkins, signer of the "Declaration of Independence"

If you click on his caution triangle on his tree, you can see where his merged parents are really two generations (at least on the father's side). I have no idea how to separate them back out. It looks to me like the children and siblings are ok, but I didn't stack any of them.

Thanks.

Anita, The MP for Robert Morris shows 5 daughters, 2 sons, one named Thomas. There are other children, but locked profiles, and I think are duplicates. I found Robert Morris had 7 children, one named Thomas- but what I found said 5 sons, 2 daughters. I know this isn't real helpful, but I'll keep looking.

Anita, I think I have Gov. Stephen Hopkins with the right parents/grandparents now. I didn't clean up the entire family, but did some. The Gov. has an extra wife I didn't know what to do with, for one thing. His first wife was Sarah Scott, second wife Anne Smith. There's an Anna Arnold on there as his wife, and I don't have a clue who she is (didn't really try to figure it out yet).

Anita, I think that last George Ross is a different one. The other two look like a match. His father evidently was married twice. Don't you think they mean his father was a fife, rather than a fifth (being from Scotland, a fifth of Scotch or Scots, so to speak?)

FIEF, not fife. Sorry- he's not a musical instrument, either.

\I am looking at all of these people and realized most of you are somehow
directly related or indirectly related to me and .how awesome can that be. I have been working on our family tree for the last twenty years. Going to get Pro next. Patricia Adams Clapp

Patricia, you are my 16th cousin once removed.

Patricia Clapp is my 17th cousin thrice removed.
We are related through the Thornburgs and Prestons.

i just learned my 5th great uncle was mathew thornton how cool is that

Just found this...I added my family member Charles Carroll after years of research back at the start of 2007. I just now saw on my homepage that someone (Tammy Swingle???) added him to the "namesake" project. Not sure what this is but I guess it's good.

@Charles Carroll: Charles Carroll of Carrollton, III, Signer of the Declaration of Independence

http://www.geni.com/projects/Namesakes See under "C". I think it's Carroll County, Maryland that's named after him. Very cool :)

Hatte - i've actually been to Carroll County in my search of getting information. I have also visited their graves. My family is all mainly buried in one place together. My father goes there yearly.

I live near Carroll Country.

DESCENDENT OLIVER WOLCOTT SIGNER DECLARATION INDPENDENCE CONNECTICUT
MADGE WOLCOTT BREEDEN

Declaration of Independence
http://www.daystar.com/ondemand/special-gateway-first-conference-20...
Great video with David Barton

Showing 181-210 of 213 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion