can anyone see if there really are merges to do here?

Started by Private User on Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
Private User
9/29/2010 at 2:59 AM

i show 7 profiles to be merged in my merge issues, but when i click on them , it says the merge has been completed. but it will not get out of my merge issues,

Private User
9/29/2010 at 3:05 AM

I don't see any merges waiting

9/29/2010 at 3:25 AM

I show that there are more than 13000 merge issues but I don't know who the people are.. I have looked at a few of them but there are just too many

9/29/2010 at 3:29 AM

Make sure "include collaborators" is UNchecked. Your number will become much more realistic and do-able.

Private User
9/29/2010 at 3:49 AM

Kathy, - You have probably selected that your merge issues should include collaborators, and being a collaborator of you I contribute a lot to that number ;-)

At the moment the merge activity is record high (I think is was 200 thousand completed merges the last weeks) and this is both caused by the new merge center which also includes merge issues where you are not the main profile manager, but also thanks to the 41 curators (I am one of them) with access to complete any merge as long as it is public profiles.

The unofficial awards list shows some people doing as much as 4500 merges per week, so keep on the good work!

9/29/2010 at 4:26 AM

the size of our tree is just amazing.. soo very fun! I will UN check the Collaborators.. thanks for that info

9/29/2010 at 4:29 AM

Thanks!! Now I only have 38 with the collaborators un checked... Sweet! I will get to those!

Elaine DiSanto
9/29/2010 at 4:44 AM

Am I the only one who hates to merge?

Last time I merged, I got a tree with over a thousand people in it attached to mine - unfortunately, it was a mess. That thousand was made up of so many multiple and incorrect entries, it was a major headache to correct. For instance, one person showed six husbands who were all the same guy - and was apparently married to her own grandsons (three of them!) as well.

So now when I get a merge request, I ignore it, unless I have the time to check their tree. If there are obvious errors on the merge request page, I just say no.

9/29/2010 at 6:08 AM

@elaine DiSanto If you receive requests to merge profiles and reject those that apply in principle fairly big problems for many people. You can remedy this by doing two things. One is to ensure that all the profiles you register your status as "public profile". The second thing you can do is to establish cooperation with as many as possible so that partners can make the merger work for you. Send me an request for collaboration and I will help. Have a nice day.

Private User
10/1/2010 at 7:13 PM

^U^...no i do not have my collaborator box checked. i go to my merge issues page. i see the name on the left and the action on the right. it says ( in the profile merges)view profile. i click on the link and it says that profile was alreay merged. i go back to merge isses page and they are still there...all 7 of them...and also the last 2 pages of my merge isses so nothing. i had reported to geni about an email bug a few months ago...still no resolution on that..sooo i am guessing there isnt much time to deal with this silly little problem. but on a high side i am starting to see rulene walk and camille farnsworths pofiles merged into some of the profiles. how did we get that to happen?

10/1/2010 at 7:31 PM

Hi Kathy,

you wrote:

"i am starting to see rulene walk and camille farnsworths pofiles merged into some of the profiles. how did we get that to happen?"

Curator tools with license to "merge." :) :) :)

Private User
10/1/2010 at 7:35 PM

^U^...lol, and they have a licence to "kill"...
james bonds!

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion