Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 781-810 of 851 posts

Yes, I checked. The Howland path is shorter than the Reynolds path. We have at least those two and likely others. Private User and I have around 9 paths between us because either she or her husband share a lot of my early Roxbury ancestors.

Christopher Reynolds, Sr. is my 12th great grandfather.

But I'm only a Mayflower cousin, alas (so far)

Hi Brendan, Thank you for the huge effort of organizing Mayflower passengers with master profile designations. In a very short period of time, I was able to confirm the following relationships.

John Alden, Priscilla Mullins, and Richard Warren are my 9th great grandparents. Alice Mullins and William Mullins are by 10th great grandparents. Joseph Mullins is my 10th great uncle.

The following are cousins with whom I share ancestry.
Isaac Allerton
Bartholomew Allerton
Remember Maverick (Allerton)
William Bradford
Love Brewster
Agnes Cooper
Humility Cooper
Elizabeth Howland
Dorothy May
Ellen More
Jasper More
Mary More
Capt. Richard More
Henry Samson
Joan Tilley
Gov. Edward Winslow

Thank you again!

John Patrick McCaffrey

James Chilton is my 12th great uncle.

Reading back through this discussion, I can't believe how many connections that some of you have!!! Impressive!!!
My Howerton founders didn't arrive in the US until 1663.

1663, so late. :) :).

You've found a connection to the Mayflowers, which when you think of the divide between North & South USA, is very interesting also.

So much interesting information here! I grew-up in Plymouth and am a descendant of Richard & Elizabeth Warren. I'm slowly charting through their family lines for other connections to Mayflower passengers. (It's fascinating how often families repeatedly intermarried.) Thanks for all the information you've made an effort to provide here.

Christa - I wonder how many descendants live in Plymouth today? Mayflower descendants are of course all over the world; a group of Leyden Pilgrims who didn't progress on to America have been identified in the Netherlands, for instance; and there's a whole line of Delano's (de la Noy descendants) in Chile.

Erica,
Plymouth is chock-full of descendants, many of whom I think sort of take for granted their ancestors came-over in 1620. In 7th grade, I sat beside a Mullins descendant (of same surname) in U.S History at Nathaniel Morton School, overlooking Plymouth Harbor and the Mayflower replica. The wind would blow off the ocean, and it was an old, leaky building, so it was easy to imagine everything being taught. I had no idea at the time that our greats had come over on the same little boat together, or that mine had been there then at all.

So that's another amazing thing, isn't it, that 400 years later - still in Plymouth, still living by the precepts of the Mayflower Compact.

And they say the United States is a "young" country ....

Right!? I live in western MA now, though family on my mother's side still live either in Plymouth or neighboring towns. My mother grew-up in Hingham on Hersey St. The Warrens great great grandaughter was the first to marry a Hersey (the family intermarried several times after that). I'd love to connect with other descendants of Warrens, Bartletts, Spragues, Herseys, etc. I'm not a member here yet, though have at least plugged-in ancestor names. Not sure how membership here works quite yet, though the genealogy seems to warrant more than what I've been attempting to do by hand.

I haven't regretted membership at all. It's addictive ! The "early" Warren, Sprague, Bartlett (etc) trees are pretty complete - might be errors. Huge gaps from about 1700-1850. I think what happens is that people enter their "direct line" & the siblings get entered separately.

How are the cemeteries out in Western Mass? There's an initiative with the BillionGraves app to get them photographed, digitized & easily available to everyone. Might be a fun activity after "mud season."

I've got the Sprague line from Edward (b.1576) through Wllm (1609), Anthony (1635), Matthew (1688), and Margaret (1721/22).

I need to spend time exploring the cemeteries of western MA. I've spent a lot of time exploring Plymouth's Burial Hill, and intend to visit the Hingham cemetery this summer. The coast will likely hold more fascination for me, at least until I discover a random ancestor who lived out here.

May I ask...what are people here using to trace their Mayflower ancestry?

Wait, probably this site...

More sourcing is always welcome & needed.

Just follow the usual - verify each parent set, then the next ...

My tree is so messed up now I am at a loss what happened. I had it so beautiful then the rest of the world stared posting to it and now it appears that Stephen Hopkins is my 6th great uncle instead of my grandfather!!! and the connection has been broken. Very frustrating to say the least . Not to mention I had to remove some of my immediate family names as they were upset that I had included them. :(
I will have to visit a cousin of mine who owns my grandmother's book of geneology and traces our blood line to him. Until then I can only hope the whole thing rights itself. I do appreciate all the hard work you have put into this wonderful historical character who was one of the first to help shape our country, a be it in a colorfull way.! (As he is believed to be the main character in the book, "The Tempest" Thank you Erica Isabel Howton again for all you hard work.

Erica: *** See our posts dated 9/27/10 and 9/28/10, pages 3 and 4. PS Health has other issues besides the heart now. I need to get my tree in order before it is too late. :( . KP Miller

Private User

I now see

Stephen Hopkins, "Mayflower" Passenger is Karen P. Schroeder's 11th great grandfather.

Please check all the links - I "trailed" through, step by step, resolving data conflicts, tree conflicts & doing merges in order to get the path correct.

http://www.geni.com/path/Karen+P+Schroeder+is+related+to+Stephen+Ho...

There might be more to do but hopefully this is better for you.

Erica: Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so greatful for your help. God Bless you.

My pleasure.

I have Brewster, Howland, Soul (Soole) , Alleton, and I think More. That I can think of off the top of my head. I have a friend who has 13 connections.

THE SILVER BOOKS from the Mayflower Society are available in many libraries. They trace the first five generations of the Passengers who lived during that first dreadful winter... only half survived.

One of the saddest stories is of the More Children. Their very rich father believed that those children, born by his wife, were not his. He took them down to the docks and placed each with a different Pilgrim family. Only Richard survived. i'm sure you can find the information on line.

Proved ten lines on my Mother's side with Mayflower Descendants, haven't started on Dad's side yet. Both family names arrived in july 1630, name of the ship unknown. Dan's Pinney's founded Windsor CT, Momn's Clapp family lived in Scituate Mass for 200 years... which led to many Mayflower marriages.

Wow, how could family history leave out we are connected to nearly every person on the Mayflower? Thank you for providing a pth to such interesting information.

Michael McDermott

I have a friend who has 13 lines connected with the Mayflower. I have several but not that many. I work with a guy who has a connection and have several friends and fellow workers who are connected to John and Priscilla.

All my connections are on my grandmother's side( my mother's mother)Her family all started in the cape area. then moved to Maine and then her parents moved back to Mass.

My cousin Arlene was a Chase by marriage. I wonder if she is connected to you. She was a Rose by birth. Also has Libby connections. I have her end of tree but not her husbands. She died a long time ago. I don't know if Roland is still alive. If he is he'd be way up there in years.

Hello, Lt Joseph Rogers was my 8th GGF....interesting stuff!!! Great work you are doing!! TY, Deb Allen Emerson

Lt Joseph Rogers would be my 7th GGUncle, he is brother to John Rogers 1608/1661 both sons of Thomas Mathew Rogers.

Joseph's older brother John took his chances in the New World and at an unknown date joined his brother in Plymouth. It is uncertain whether Rogers' sisters Elizabeth and Margaret ever came to the colony; they were listed as living in Leiden in 1622.

Marian Manson Pinney (Chase by marriage)

Showing 781-810 of 851 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion