Curators at work: Anglo-Normans

Started by Private User on Monday, September 6, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-64 of 64 posts

That's great, Pamela Johnson. Thanks for your help! Please message me if you need for me to confirm, verify, unlock, etc.

Pam

Private User

Is anyone undertaking work on the de Keppoc (Keppocks, Cappock, Cappy, Keappock etc as the name evolved as as written down by the English scribes) family. they were a notable Norman family who settled in Ireland shortly after the time of William the Conqueror. Before the end of the 13th century Keppok (Cappoge) were established on Castleknock lands (either by a direct grant from the Crown or by becoming tenants of the Tyrells). ?the Family settled in Louth and prospered until the time of the Cromwellian land seizure in that County.

It is stated (www.logainm.ie/en 33537) that Geoffrey de Keppok was a son of a french magnate Geoffrey de Lusignan (23/5/1199 - 1274) who's granted land in louth by his half brother Henry III. Perhaps Geoffrey de Lusigan's mother may have been a french noble. Perhaps Geoffrey e Keppok was an illegitimate son?

Can anyone help? Is anyone interested in following upon this research. If so my email address is patricia.smith9@optusnet.com.au)

Thanks

Patricia Smith

where to find more information on dePicquigny- from Amiens area who went with William and received lands in England.?

I need help finding the family of Lord Robert Ryves as I know for a fact he was able to trace nobility prior to the year 1066

Showing 61-64 of 64 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion