ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן on Sunday, September 5, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 8761-8790 of 8939 posts

Can a fellow curator, please make sure that the entire family of Wife (Etkes) of R' Abraham is made public as I am unable to do so.

Kevin

Same problem, Kevin. I can only request to make MP & there's nothing at all I can "see."

Advise CS perhaps?

I just dealt with it by making a new profile and then requesting a merge on it.

Dear Erica Howton,

Thank you for sorting out A.I Jainu-Deen for me. His wife, @Nooranie Bapoo too has a problem. Her parents are Samsudeen Bapoo and Packeer Umma Bapoo.

Nooranie;s siblings are :- Hallaldeen Bapoo, Aiyon Bapoo, Chapon Bapoo and Packone Chunchee Bapoo.

Please remove M. Noon Meedin, M. Sarth Meedin and Gnei Laam Lye Meedin. They are NOT her children.

I am very grateful for all your help.

Many, many thanks

Dear Erica Howton,

I missed out 3 more children to be removed in my previous message about Nooranie Bapoo. Please also remove Kumala Muthalip, Gnei Bistari Jumar and Leilon Meedin. They too are NOT her children.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience that is caused.

hi curators,

can anyone help with this merge. I don't think manager has logged in since 2007.

http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/4448501614160026495?from%5Fflash=...

Seth there are only 28 profiles in that tree is it worth it to try and merge it into yours, personally I think it would be next to impossible.

http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/4448501614160026495

Private User

Please check
http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000000973726868

Do you know the parents of the Meedins

Back in 2010 these were shown as the parents but they are no longer on the tree
"Mohamed Amajadeen Meedin was connected to Nona Sufhian Meedin as her husband with children Zain Meedin, Noon Meedin, Sar Meedin and Laam Lye.
Dec 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM"

Angus, thanks.

That view shows me how this sash morris is connected to my wife's grandfather. I could never figure that out. I think i can recreate this on my main tree.

Can we ask Major General (Retired) Tuan Fadyl Meedin for his assistance.

Curators,

Please assist in removing this profile:
CHEW Chin Chong

Cut the parent connection, to the wife which is connected as sister as well, or both?

I think you can cut at least one of the connections in the Edit->Relationship tab of the profile.

Hi Bjørn P. Brox,

Many thanks. Issue resolved but not through cutting. Assigning to the correct parents.

Thank you Angus. I noticed that Nooranie Bapoo's profile still has Fadly Meedin as a Manager. He has no connection to this tree. It took me years to collate all the data about my great grandparents Mudaliyar A.I Jainu-Deen and Nooranie Bapoo and I am still continuing to collect so please remove Fadly Meedin.

As for the Meedins sure you can ask Fadly Meedin but please ask him to leave the Jainu-Deen/Bapoo tree alone.

Thanking you in advance

Oops, I forgot to add @ symbol before Nooranie Bappo

I would like to say a very very big thank you to the curators in resolving the Sandra - duplicates/merges issues.

Cheers Sonia

Private User

Please check your Geni messages

Dear Erica Howton and Angus Wood-Salomon,

Thank you very much for helping out with A.I Jainu-Deen and Nooranie Bappoo issues.

Fadly Meedin as a second manager to both the profiles, I was able to remove following your instruction. Is there anyway of preventing others controlling, adding, deleting the profiles where I am the Manager?

Many thanks

Private User ... Please keep in mind that Geni is structured around a SHARED family tree. With the assistance of a Curator, the contents of the basic fields can be protected when the profile is set as a Master Profile, but one of the assumptions of a shared tree is that there may be more than one contributor to the details of a profile. There *is* a history kept of changes made and deleted profiles can be un-deleted; mistakes can get made, but they can be corrected and recovered.

It is, in fact, just that 'shared control' which makes references such as Wikipedia and Geni grow into becoming authoritative sources of information -- because no one person has all the information about everything.

If you wish to retain total, isolated control over the information of a set of ancestors, Geni is not a good place to attempt to do so (you *can* do so with your own family tree on MyHeritage, for example).

Many thanks to the curators involved who have helped with and continue to resolve issues that I have had with Sandra Levien and not just taken her side of the story as truth. Thank you

I want to link this person Unnamed mother of Georges Rapareilliet to this picture:
http://www.geni.com/photo/view/6000000000375036325?album_type=photo...

But for some reason Geni won't let me edit the list of people "in" the picture?

Alex: Were you trying to use the "Identify" button or just using the "Edit" word on the the 'In This Photo' list?

When using the "Identify", you have to click an area not already associated with another person.

In either case, when the little mini search box is open, paste in the 'id number' (from Elizabet's URL - in this case, that is 6000000000423695388), click the little words 'Search More' that should then be visible, then the profile name should pop up. Select it, and then either click the Done or Done Identifying (depending on which 'mode' of identifying you chose).

In this case, I would just 'add to the list', rather than trying to "identify faces in the photo".

... or was the problem that you didn't even have a 'functional' word 'Edit' next to the list of "In This Photo" ??

Can someone please change the gender?

Irma Beifus

She is female!

Ingrid Meissner This appears to be a private isolated tree. You could just send the manager of this profile a private message to let them know that Irma is female.

Thank you, Linda

I already did that because Irma is a duplicate but --- no chance.

You're welcome, Ingrid Meissner.
If they decide to accept the merge then it can be changed. Until then, I would personally just leave it as is.

Dan Cornett ... or was the problem that you didn't even have a 'functional' word 'Edit' next to the list of "In This Photo" ??

This.

And i have Collaborated with the user who owns the photo weeks ago and i am also a Collaborator with managers of both the profiles which are currently linked to it.

Showing 8761-8790 of 8939 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion