Unable to complete merge: Profile id#xxxxxxxxxxxx has been merged into a different profile

Started by Angus Wood-Salomon on Saturday, August 21, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
8/21/2010 at 7:51 AM

Angus, I had the same issue yesterday. I went into the stack and started merging, finding the original merge request and merged it. This issue is going to hold things up for sure.

8/21/2010 at 7:52 AM

Thanks I will try that

Private User
8/21/2010 at 7:54 AM

Private User
"Unable to complete merge: Profile id#xxxxxxxxxxxx has been merged into a different profile":
I had the same result

8/21/2010 at 7:57 AM

I think this is a result of so many folks working on the tree at the same time. Multiple collaborators can approve a merge. I think this is particularly common due to the recent change in the way merge requests are displayed.

I suggest you let is go for a couple of weeks and see if it doesn't take care of itself.

8/21/2010 at 7:59 AM

Same here

Private User
8/21/2010 at 8:01 AM

Happened again. I went into the stack and had to merge 8 profiles before I came to the one sent to me. The new system makes it faster for those on the front end and much slower for those on the back end. I would rather be focusing on fixing the tree I am working on, rather than looking for the merge requests.

Private User
8/21/2010 at 10:36 AM

Just checked. Both merge links are not for profiles already connected, - the firs one, Moses Duty does even link to a profile that already is merged, but not deleted because the data conflicts is not resolved. - you see that because it has unknown gender. If you click on the name you will come to the data conflicts window.

Conclusion. The links are obsolete.
It might be related to this issue: http://forum.geni.com/topic.php?id=68951

I never click on the links I get by email, - these may already be obsolete because the merge is already executed by another manager.

Check your inbox in Geni instead.

8/21/2010 at 12:59 PM

Yes I posted this there
"This is still occuring under Merge Center>Profile merges
Some Examples
Sir William ap Thomas, The Blue Knight of Gwent
Thomas Atherold, III
http://www.geni.com/people/Erik-Bj%C3%B8rn-Hansen/60000000069191392...

Ok When I click on 'View Pending Merge' it just shows ""This merge has already been completed"" and it does not clear from the list '

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion