Credibility of Data Entries on Profiles

Started by Vance Barrett Mathis on Friday, June 18, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
6/18/2010 at 9:48 AM

In my opinion, one should consult his or her common sense to determine the plausibility of entries made in profiles. Here is an example:
Edith de Warenne
The managers say that she was born in 1084 and died in 1096.

In the first place, it appears that she was born years after her father died. I will not debate that, inasmuch as the one shown as her father may not be her father.

However, the stats show that she died at 12 years old, after having married two different men and gave birth to 30 children. In my humble opinion, that does not meet the test of common sense.

Vance Mathis

Private User
6/18/2010 at 9:58 AM

There is a source link there you can use to correct the data, but profiles from that age is usually only containing estimated dates.

In any case I guess that the dates listed in the profiles is suffering the missing support of "before", "after" and "between" in Geni, - hope they will come with that soon (there are indications that they will - these words are among the ones that it put up for translation to other languages).

Have a nice weekend!

Private
6/18/2010 at 11:40 PM

I know what you mean Vance. I was looking at a couple of profiles yesterday. One was noted as dying 13 years before the third youngest child had been born, and the second person is about 50 years younger than their children. I am trying to find the correct dates of birth and death for each of them. The problem is the ancestors of each sort of line up chronologically which possibly means they are incorrect as well... Testing patience sometimes.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion