Started by Vance Barrett Mathis on Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
5/18/2010 at 10:30 PM

James Stewart, the Black Knight of Lorn

This is for anyone who may be working with this individual, or who may have a relative path where he shows up incorrectly.

In some paths, he is shown as the father of Annabella Stewart, but he is not. He and Joan Beaufort had three sons. Annabella was the daughter of Joan de Beaufort, but by her first husband, King James I of Scotland. Joan was the widowed (dowager queen) when she married the Black Knight.

Moreover, the Black Knight also shows up in some paths as the father of Edward Neville, 3d Baron Bergevenny. This is an error, of course. The baron's father was Ralph de Neville, 1st Earl Westmoreland.

5/19/2010 at 11:05 AM

Thanks for this note Vance. I'm tagging the James Stewart so this discussion will appear on his profile.

James Stewart, the Black Knight of Lorn

5/19/2010 at 2:33 PM

I'm happy to fix this, I'm just having trouble doing it. How do I unlink him as the father of Annabella? I tried clicking on edit and relationships to remove the relationship but its not listed as one of the relationships. Can someone tell me how to fix it or help me fix the problem? Thanks

Private User
5/20/2010 at 2:22 AM

I think I put Annabella as the daughter of James I I Stuart King of Scots (1394 - 1437) now Kira.

Private User
5/20/2010 at 2:35 AM

I think I put Annabella as the daughter of James I I Stuart King of Scots (1394 - 1437) now Kira. James should probably be changed to James I though

Private User
5/20/2010 at 2:37 AM

I had to go through Annabella to unhook her Kira. Then I hooked her back to her mom, and it presented the choices of who the father should be.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion