Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 151-180 of 1468 posts

Wow. 181 messages clogging up my Blackberry and not one mentions a single instance of a merge being solved through this scheme. And do you know why? Because the odds of actually stumbling into a person here who has a common collaborator in your tree is about the same as being mauled by a polar bear in downtown Miami. But the odds of dramatically increasing your list of unresolved merges and getting barrels of unwanted email is exactly 100%. This is a well-intentioned idea that has a minuscule chance of ever doing any good fir anybody. Please, somebody prove me wrong. But, until then, I am OUT.

If you and I have a common ancestor on Geni, by all means, please send me a collaboration request which I will promptly grant. Please mention our common ancestor in your request.
However, if you are unable to identify at least one ancestor that we have in common, please do not send me a collaboration request because it will be ignored.

Fair enough, William. I usually send a collaboration request with a merge request, but usually have a great deal of trouble re: people not responding, so the collaboration pool is a godsend for me. Also, checking out a collaboration pool participator's managed and added profiles helps, prior to requesting a collaboration...to ensure that requests aren't being sent to people who aren't part of my tree. However, I think that everybody posting in here is part of the big tree anyway...unless I'm much mistaken?

You can unfollow at the top of this page to avoid all messages in your inbox (or blackberry =) and still be a member of the list.

Well, if witnesses are needed ... I started collaborating with David Lee Kaleita on Saturday, due to this pool, and he solved a problem for me on Sunday (he's the collaborator of someone who's not responding, and has entries in the branch I'm working on).

If it's already working for me after one day, I think being in the pool is a good deal for me.

Thanks to this pool I have got new collaborators, who, as Harald says, are collaborators with a few individuals that never is responding to my requests and therefore is a plug in the system.
So collaborating with people even though we, at the moment, not have a common ancestor is very helpful.

Here in Denmark we say you will at long enough, we all are family, Gorm the Old, I think it's funny with all those who have the same interest as me, but thought even if it is a cousin of the 28 part 7 out, it might be a little difficult to grasp ens genealogy program that I use beside Brothers Keeper, which I then write it in as I seemed to be to posterity.
a really good day and fun for you all
Paul

I'm in :) Great initiative!

Per Vetlesen
Fine!

Private User
sounds good.

@Reidar Sigleif Lorentzen

@Kjell Nilsen-Nygaard
It is worrying that a collaborator can delete or change profiles at will. How is this handled here. I am only interested in that recorded information is as accurate as possible. To me collaboration means to add and correct, not to destroy information which someone may take exception to. If information is correct then it is important history.
I will be only occationally available in the next 4 months due to travel commitments so if you need my cooperation you may have to be patient.

WOW Jason you realy hit something 196 hits in apx. 5 days most be a new "record" - congratulation and thanks!!

Agree

If Pablo Herman reads this forum, could you contact me please?
I tried to send you messages but the function Contact Manager won't work? Thanks in advance and have a great day,
Lois

@Anita Stensland

@Private User

@Lars Bertel (Lasse) Söderström

@Francis Dellinger When needed

Hello all,
I see that MANY people have joined this effort. This is great, BUT I see one little problem. In order to make this work, EVERYBODY who joins needs to send collaboration requests to EVERYBODY else... If you don't then nothing is gained.

So while it is obviously easier for existing member to send request to people as they join, the fact that I am NOT getting ANY requests, means that most of you people simply are not sending them.

Private User

Shmuel, I've been requesting as they post, it's usually one or 2 a day. I think I'm collaborating with everyone who has posted here.

Shmuel, you got my request!

I'm waiting for Henn (who's offered) to come up with the next list, so that I can ask the new ones all in a batch.

BTW, one interesting side effect: Since the "public discussions" on Geni only show up on my alerts when a collaborator of mine is involved, the increased collaboration means that I get to see many more "public" discussions!

Jason and Henn,
You've done a remarkable and selfless job! It will help all of us. Thank you,
Scott

Finally got my screen and computer to work... please forget about before these

Showing 151-180 of 1468 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion