Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 1351-1380 of 1468 posts

Judith Lee Flamer something like this happens to me - I merge someone, and return to the list of merges for the profile, and there's another merge waiting to get done. But it's not the same merge.
In that case, I've blamed Geni for finding another potential match when completing the merge. But there may be multiple situations that look like this.

Judith Lee Flamer, send me the profile and I will have look at it for you.

Yes, new merges to do appear as additional ones to do after completing merges - happens often. These are "normal", I believe, since a merge is detected by GENI when a certain number of "facts" are identical between two or more profiles. Having a newly-merged child or sibling or parent adds "facts", hence allowing for more matches.
I use my PC for merging (rather than my iPad, when I can), for more powerful tools, alowing me to drag and drop multiple family profiles, and then sort of chain-merge.
This is one reason why we should try to merge matches as low in our own trees as possible, to avoid entering in ancestors who may already exist in another manager's tree!

And sorry, the above is off-topic. @Judith Lee Flamer, we should try to post these questions in other threads, or start new ones.

I don't gree with ehoever chsnged th prentd of fjoan wydervill. I have very carefully copied thee foloeimg bbook "MAGNA CHARTA SURETIES, 1215" BY WEIS, 4TH ED. PAGE 154, LINE 149. OR WOODVILLE. & found it VERY DEPENDSABLE.

Hi Fran, if you start a discussion from the profile you are referring to it will be easier for someone to help you.

@Mary Madeline Sears

@Susanna Johanna Venter

Judith Lee Flamer I've just sent you a request to collaborate. Then we'll take this from there (private message me with the profile adresses…)

I would like to combine profiles with one managed by Bjorn Brox, I believe. It is Harry Lee EastmanHarry Lee Eastman (1882 - 1957) He states to contact you here. Thanks.

Hi Judith, this discussion is for people to add their name to if they are willing to collaborate with anyone and everyone.

To get to a specific person (Bjorn) you need to message them directly with your request.

Leanne

I'm in
Monica

The whole idea of being Pro (for life) since I am one of the original members of building the world tree and being the owner of most theses profiles, was to have the ability to merge and match my profiles that I know are real matches. It worked great for many years, and now the collaboration between the other sites and Geni have changed, and Geni itself has changed and created yet another level (curators) and started charging more and more to facilitate the maintenance of our data. This is getting ridiculous, and degrading the data on Geni !!!

Hi Monica,
This discussion is for people to add their name to if they want to be part of the collaboration pool.

If you have a specific issue with a profile you should start a discussion from their profile.

If it is a generic issue you can start a discussion from the menu or contact Geni via the help function.

Leanne

Mehitable S Sears

Can someone please do the merge i am no longer a paying member i added a lot of the line and she was the top

William Owen "Bill" Irwin
I went ahead and did your merge request
In the future please use the following discussion for those requests
https://www.geni.com/discussions/145789

Thanks Angus

@Rory Kroon

If it can help, I'm in too @Teresa Jo Henson

@Mónica Ximena Oropeza Fossati

@Maria Soledad Del Rio Larrain

Trying to find the parents of Charles Robertson born circa 1796 in Granville, NC.... Found in the 1850 Census with children.... Seems to be a few "Charles" Robertsons there around that time. any help??

@ Rick Landre

JKM

@Joan K. Marcussen

@marywilhelm marywilhelm12@yahoo.com I am in. All collaboration greatly welcome.
Mary Wilhelm

I have this post set to follow yet I never get notifications of new messages anymore. Help?

Marsha Gail Veazey - Do you mean, notifications on your Home Page, in the Weekly Family Newsletter that Geni sends, or e-mail notifications? Am thinking you mean e-mail notifications --

With regard to e-mail notifications -- Long ago, Mike Stangel revised the criteria that would be used for e-mail notifications being sent - have tagged him so he can explain exactly what they are --
my recollection - once a certain number have been received for a given Discussion, you will not be "bothered" by any more unless you are tagged in the Discussion - but it will still appear in dark blue when you check "Discussions I Follow"

Do not believe there is any way to say, "Hey, I want to keep getting the notifications regardless"

Private User and Marsha Gail Veazey there are some rules regarding the specific "discussion digest" email (not the home page notifications and the corresponding weekly newsletter). If you haven't interacted with (read or replied to) a discussion in awhile, we'll include notifications of 10 new messages... after that, we stop including the disucssion in the digest email.

I have found many mistakes posted on the Osborn/Osborne genealogy. When there is no way to contact the person then the mistake can not be fixed and they are passing on false information! I just found one tonight that I tried to see if I could locate him on Face book. With no luck to find him! There should be a place for at least a comment. Or require the person to post sources. We have had professional genealogist in our family who have written books. And I was told by the who's who of genealogist that the lady's work is impeccable!

Showing 1351-1380 of 1468 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion