Can I have your help with my merges??

Started by Private User on Thursday, March 25, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 181-210 of 254 posts

What make you think that the profile is locked?

Just open it and see for yourself. Most master profiles is not locked and IF it is locked there is always a curator note telling why.

As with all other profiles you have to collaborate with one of the managers to have edit access.

Has been locked by a curator and cannot be changed.

Virginia, this is the Sears family connection to Lake family I was looking for, just saved me alot of searching. Yes some of these are locked by curators it appears.

Private User

I just checked Guy de Beauchamp, 10th Earl of Warwick

It IS locked but by the new field lock, even I can not change it.

This is the curator http://www.geni.com/people/K%E2%99%A5/6000000001548231070?through=6... on all of them and she has been creating problems for everyone.
This is the other curator with locked profiles, but he is reasonable and and am currently working with him to fix this stuff. Angus Wood-Salomon

Alot of links are missing and it happened soon after a K Curator found my profile and starting curating it. Relationship paths popped up instantly before and now I have to click on how are you related, then it can't find proper path or no path yet i already know they are great ? grandparents.
So either too many profiles are locked or someone removed the main tree.

Can either Bjorn or K cleare this merge issue, the profile is locked. Thanks

http://www.geni.com/merge/resolve/6000000010593456221

What did you do K Curator?

Corey,

This is a side effect of a new release, The Geni team has been notified and is working on a fix that should be out soon.

Thank-you, I will wait till then before adding any more names. I hope it works better than before. ps. we all know the biblical tree is the real tree, the "other" version does not line up perfectly like the biblical tree does. They are all matched marriages, an un-matched marriage is an illegitimate marriage and is also recorded.

At "Him-crowned---etc." I don't curate "Your" profile. I have no idea what you are talking about. What "problems" did I create, and when you say I am unreasonable, you never wrote me anything for me to be "unreasonable" about.

Corey I do not recommend saying things like that about a Curator in a Public Discussion.

K Curator is one of the best Curators in our Group as a matter of fact if she has some of those profiles locked she has a very good reason for it.

If you have good sources and would like her to merge some of those profiles message her with your information.

Usually when there is an issue -- a merge that is pending and very messy or a locked field -- there could be many people who contributed to the issue.

Do contact the curator by email and ask for help, but don't assume that it is the curator who has caused the problem. In this case when I look at the data conflict, there were many merges or other co-mingling of trees done by a number of people that caused a really messy Resolve Data Conflict issue. When a profile appears locked, don't assume it was the named curator. It doesn't have to be . When in doubt or if you need assistance, best to contact the curator directly and if you get no answer after a day or two, then surface it here,

I have been openly trying to contact all curators and anyone to do with control of Geni to get to the bottom of it in the past month and her name keeps popping up over and over again when I confront these issues that were not issues before she appeared on my pages. Don't assume that I haven't tried. I am trying to get the credibility of this site back. It is now a total and complete mess. SOMETHING HAPPENED in the past month that destroyed the entire tree.

K curator is following this post, please let her respond and do not respond on her part .

Corey I just pulled up data conflicts on this profile you tell us what to choose
https://picasaweb.google.com/angus.woodsalomon/GeniGuyDeBeauchamp?a...

Without a link there is NO WAY for me to know what you are talking about "Him Crowned, etc." I have no idea what it is you are talking about and although you went to everyone else, you didn't come to me, the person you have an issue with. The last contact I had with you was regarding a photo I said couldn't be a photo of a decedent who died before cameras were created, when you said that it wasn't a photo, but a painting. That was THE ONLY contact that you and I have had in the past. You may see my name throughout many trees. I have LOTS of family members whose trees I built on, and friends that I built trees for and linked to the big tree. What profile(s) are you referring to?

So K you did not lock any profiles?, these are the problems I am talking about, your name keeps appearing, If there was another name, I would mention it but I only see yours. You never did any major changes to ALL profiles past month then, good, then the problem lies elsewhere, like a tree removal. All I know is, 1 month ago relationship paths popped up instantly and had the correct relationship path, now it is incomplete and missing relationship paths. When I clicked on what Virginia posted your name kept coming up, that's why I questioned. Is no one else having these problems? Suddenly many, many, great ? grandparents are no longer.

Anne de Beauchamp
Curator Note from K♥ (12/24/2010):
Being investigated due to sabotage, currently LOCKED until further notice. If any descendants find erroneous profiles attached to this historic tree, please contact me. Do not attempt a merge on this profile.

Your name popped up again K hmmm.

Brian Corey Falls, is there no way you can link to the profiles in question? Even if you can only cite one, that would really help. I know that you've linked to K's profile, but I don't believe you've linked to the profiles you say have problems yet.

I completely believe you that something is wrong, and like everyone else, I'd like to help, but we can't do that unless you help us a bit more. If you can pinpoint one area where something has gone wrong, that would get us going towards helping you more. Is there a particular ancestor of yours who has been disconnected?

Whoops, looks like we were posting at the same time! You said that the problem has occurred within the past month, but K posted that comment in December 2010, so that's probably not the source of your problem. I'm just trying to understand the timeline a bit here.

Almost every singe one I now come across, here is a quick example for ya: William d'Aubigny, 3rd Earl of Arundel is your 25th great uncle. You
→ Brian Falls U.E. (House of Anjou/Kenneth I MacAlpin)
your father → James Raymond Falls of the Lake U.E. (Prince Grail co-Keeper)
his father → George Elmer Falls of the Lake Family U.E.
his father → Hannah Fairbairn of the Lake U.E. (Princess, Grail Keeper)
his mother → Eliza Ann Hagerman of the Lake Family U.E.
her mother → Hannah Lake
her mother → Nicholas Lake
her father → LT. John Lake U.E.
his father → Nicholas Lake, Sr.
his father → John Lake, Jr.
his father → John Lake, Sr.
his father → Margaret Lake
his mother → Elizabeth Peters / Reade
her mother → Thomas Cooke
her father → Robert Cooke
his father → John Cooke
his father → Thomas Cooke
his father → Robert Cooke
his father → Norman Cooke
his father → Ena Cooke
his mother → Jean de Ross
her father → Maud Bruce
his mother → Robert de Bruce 6th Lord Annandale
her father → Isabel de Clare, of Gloucester & Hertford
his mother → Gilbert de Clare, 4th Earl of Hertford
her father → Richard FitzRoger de Clare, 3rd Earl of Hertford
his father → Maud de St. Hilaire
his mother → William d'Aubigny, 3rd Earl of Arundel
her son
William d'Aubigny, 3rd Earl of Arundel

Yet the shortest route would be via children, of which, I am descent of all 4 girls (Sutton line now missing) but the one that Married FitzAlan (5 girls total)

Yes, I just stumbled across that unfinished business from Dec 2010. The problem has occured within the past month. Missing data.

These are my Talbot/BRAY lines.

Roger de Monte Alto / Montalt / Mohaut / Mold is your 27th great grandfather.
Roger de Montalt
Cecily d'Aubigny (Albini), of Arundel is your 26th great aunt.
Cecily d'Aubigny of Arundel

Look at Roger Somery, I already merged them and they are seperate again, I have tried to rebuild Humpty Dumpty, but all the Kings horses and all the Kings men cannot merge Humpty together again.

I am no curator, but it appears to me that a major tree was removed in order for the Sutton/Aubigny line to go completely missing.

@Him Crowned...

Anne de Beauchamp was locked for a VERY good reason. We had someone adding FAKE profiles to the historic shared tree. Currently his profiles are being detached. He was adding strange symbols, photos and even characters from fictional story books to the tree. THAT is why the profile "was" locked. It is now unlocked.

I understand your problem, Corey. This is something we all deal with, and it's not a problem that any of us can do anything to fix, on an individual basis. No one messed up your profiles. What has happened is that the algorithm that Geni uses to calculates relationships uses so many of the Geni resources that it is set to limit calculation on any "route" to once a week or so. In the meantime, if there are any changes to the tree, which is bound to happen as it's being built and adjusted and merged, sometimes the path gets thrown off temporarily.

For example, in looking at my relationship to the same William D'Aubigny 3rd Earl of Arundel (which I curate, by the way--and if you ever have any questions about any of the profiles I curate, please contact me directly and I'll be glad to help you)--

the last time I checked a couple of weeks ago, it said
William d'Aubigny, 3rd Earl of Arundel is your second cousin 22 times removed's wife's son.

I just now *refreshed* that calculation using the little circle of arrows next to the relationship, and now
William d'Aubigny, 3rd Earl of Arundel is your 21st great grandfather.

That's probably the shortest route. Though there are often many other routes as well because of all the crisscrossing of relationship paths. If you think of it as a road system, we often encounter road construction somewhere along the way, which causes the most direct and shortest path to get detoured and distorts it (like mine was, above), but then after the construction work is cleared and the proper time has elapsed, you can recalculate and it will return you to the proper and best route.

Hope this helps. Don't worry. In the end, when this project is closer to being complete, it will all be more correct, but our historic tree is still an infrastructure in progress and so we need to put up with the roadwork ;^).

@Him Crowned...
Amy de Beauchamp is unlocked now, but she was locked due to the exact same reason Anne de Beauchamp was locked. As a matter of fact the person who was adding strange or fictional people/characters to the tree IS a manager of those 2 profiles. He has also in the past changed names of people from names like Anne de Beauchamp to Maude Plantagenet (not exactly these names, but it's an example).

Showing 181-210 of 254 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion