Started by Terry Jackson (Switzer) on Saturday, February 27, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 46 posts
2/27/2010 at 4:21 PM

Hi Private User,
do you know if any progress has been made with this issue. I have a lot and was just getting somewhere giving my Bascoms to Shmuel to complete and then they were handed over to poor Rulene and everything stopped!

Private
3/2/2010 at 11:42 AM

How do you get Rulene to talk to you?
I've had well over 100 merge requests to her, and she has not responded.
She did email me about 45 days ago and said she could not understand why she was getting so many requests and that she didn't like it.
How do we deal with that?

Private
3/2/2010 at 11:43 AM

Cindy Clark is another one, except that she has never responded at all. Elizabeth Beaumont, Lady Beaumont

3/2/2010 at 2:43 PM

Scott, as far as I know, Geni is supposed to be figuring out a way to take those profiles away from her.

3/2/2010 at 3:28 PM

Noah Tutak@Noah, any update on talks with Rulene?

Private
3/2/2010 at 3:55 PM

Thank you. That would be good. She indicated to me that she didn't want them and I offered to take them. However, she never got back to me.

Private User
3/3/2010 at 1:00 AM

I think Susanna Barnevik was the last person in contact with her, and she is on a long vacation(?) in Thailand until April some time, but seem to be more online now ;-)

I have just bumped a previous message to Private User including Lúcia Pilla and Pam Wilson (on hiatus), suggesting and asking for a solution. The message is also forwarded to Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן and some others.

Hopefully she will make a decision on what to do with Private profiles (her son-in-law).

Just be patient...

3/3/2010 at 7:02 AM

@scott Johnson

I can do Cindy Clark merges- just post them & I'll get to them. it might take me a couple of days, but i promise that i'm actually going to do them! ;-)
Heather

3/3/2010 at 12:37 PM

Rulene sent me a message about 3 weeks ago. She told me to no longer request merges with her.

3/3/2010 at 2:55 PM

Terry Jackson (Switzer) as far as I know she has not contacted us about this situation. As anyone else still in conversation with her? We can definitely facilitate something if she gets in touch with us.

Private
3/3/2010 at 4:28 PM

Not for well over a month has she communicated with me, and she said the same thing as she said to Ric.

Private
3/16/2010 at 11:47 AM

@Heather (Fachet) Bond
Heather,
Here is another Cindy Clark merge:
http://www.geni.com/profile/compare/6000000000658959811?return=matc...

3/16/2010 at 12:28 PM

Noah Tutak,

Send her an email directly and ask her for the rights to get Brandon's profiles away from her.

Kevin

Private
3/18/2010 at 3:12 PM

The last four are done.

Private User
3/19/2010 at 2:43 PM

Thanks, Scott, but I think there are still three left.

Private
3/19/2010 at 3:33 PM

If I missed one - or more - please resend them.

Private
3/20/2010 at 11:40 AM

@Rulene Ames Walk
I'll work on these, but she doesn't respond to any requests. Is there a point to this?
Would it be better to deny her merges or block her? We need a solution to this and to other people who don't want to cooperate.

Private User
3/20/2010 at 12:07 PM

Hi Scott,
I got the impression that you were collaborating with Rulene. Is that not the case? If no one is collaborating with her, I will stop posting merges.

Private
3/20/2010 at 12:38 PM

No, I've tried as hard as I can to convince her, but nothing. At one point she indicated that she might, but I've heard nothing from her now for 5 weeks.
Any solution ideas?

Private
3/22/2010 at 11:06 AM

I did the merge requests, but I have no contact with her. I don't know if this does anything positive.

3/23/2010 at 10:26 AM

@ Scott, Rulene Walk has, through no fault of her own, inherited all these duplicates from Bascom and we should not keep sending her requests to merge. It wouldn't be fair on her. Recording the merges that need completing on this thread is fine so we have a reference when something is sorted out with Rulene. As Bjorn said on the first page of this discussion thread we need to be patient here.

Private
3/23/2010 at 11:35 AM

I am not entirely comfortable with her doing nothing, but I'll go with this "solution" for a while without complaint.
Why doesn't she transfer management to someone else? I would take that on (and I have asked her for that). Or at least collaborate with one or more people who would be willing to do the work for her? I have asked for her to collaborate many, many times.
I am sympathetic with Rulene having inherited profile that were not of her choosing. That isn't fair, but she can't just sit on them. She needs to do something!!! Apparently someone has her ear. Please have them bend it.

By the way, the merges I did this morning were not just requests for Rulene (only three of them). They included merge requests to many other people, and merges of many duplicates for people with whom I collaborate.
Scott

Private User
3/23/2010 at 2:28 PM
Private User
3/24/2010 at 1:18 PM
Showing 1-30 of 46 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion