• Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

• Source: https://familysearch.org/tree/person/details/L8MD-62H
    Geni member
Showing all 7 posts
Private User
1/21/2010 at 8:10 AM

I am a Pro user but not a pro with Geni. Somehow or someone has made the wrong connections in my Bearse line. It shows James Bearse James Bearse being married to: Elizabeth, William, Mary and Martha. Elizabeth is his only wife and I dont know how to correct this.

Help appreciated.
~~Chris

Private User
1/21/2010 at 8:16 AM

email help@geni.com with links to the profiles and tell them the situation. They are the only ones who can undo things like that.

Private User
1/21/2010 at 8:38 AM

Geni does not know the answers, so I doubt that they can help you, unless you give them clear instructions on connections to cut., but you have tools for that yourselves as a Pro user.

There are 9 managers of the profile, so I suggest you invite them to a discussion and sources. Since they managed to merge the profiles they probably have some sources too, or at least can help you cleaning up in any errors.

The marriage to a William Hunter must however be wrong ;-)

Private User
1/21/2010 at 8:39 AM

Just to tag the profile so that the managers can see this discussion: James Bearse

Private
1/21/2010 at 8:47 AM

Chris,
I'm sorry...I'm clueless. I think Geni is a good idea but I find it extremely difficult to understand, navigate, and correct. For example, I have no Bearse in my tree and no idea why you're asking me. I can't even figure out how to extricate myself from this mess!

Private User
1/21/2010 at 9:19 AM

Dennis,

This message is sent to everyone who is collaborating with the original poster (OP). Somewhere, someone in your tree is being collaborated on by the OP. The person the OP is referencing may or may not be part of your tree. It could be some distant part of their tree that has nothing to do with you. But thanks to the nature of these undiscriminating posts, the message goes out to all of the person's collaborators, regardless of whether they have anything to do with the issue at hand. Just click "unfollow" after the first message you get if the issue has nothing to do with you. I don't know of any way to opt out of these sorts of messages, so if anyone else does please share.

In reference to what Bjorn said, yes, you do have to know what relationships are right and which are wrong. Once you have YOUR story straight, email them to ask them to undo a connection where the errors have occurred. This is definitely an issue for the people who are collaborating on that particular profile though.

Private User
1/22/2010 at 7:57 AM

Chrisell, as Renee mentioned, just e-mail geni. I had an issue on my tree and they fixed it right away.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion