Merge Issues 7

Started by Günther Kipp on Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 301-307 of 307 posts

Please don't touch the Private User profile it-selves, - we might temporary claim it to get access to unmanaged profiles outside the 5000 limit.

Hi Collaborator Cousins,
We have another bad merge to work out. I have been working on the de Tregoz, de Sudeley, de Grandison lines lately. Yesterday I had worked up to Ralph "The Timid" de Sudeley, son of Dreux (Drogo) Count of Vexin and his wife Godgifu (Goda) Princess of England, and when I got to Dreux, discovered folks had been confusing Dreux with his brother, Raoul II Count of Vexin. There were a lot of profiles of Raoul merged with Dreux. I completed all the correct merges for Dreux I could and sent merge requests for the remaining correct merges I could not complete, and left it alone until after I could do more research into who was who. I should have tagged each merge request with a request to not touch the others, for when I returned this morning, I find my industrious and well meaning collaborators have merged all the remaining wrong profiles of Raoul into the main profile of Dreux. In fact the main profile now is Raoul instead of Dreux.

Dreux de Mantes, Comte du Vexin et d'Amiens

Here is I believe the correct family line:

Walter (Gautier) "Le Blanc" II de Vexin Count of Vexin was born about 944 in Vexin, Normandy, France. He died in 1027. He married Alix (Adele) Senlis in 974.

Alix (Adele) Senlis was born in 944 in Isle de France. She died in 983. She married Walter (Gautier) "Le Blanc" II de Vexin Count of Vexin in 974.

They had the following children:

F i Alix De Vexin was born about 970.
M ii Raoul I Crespy was born in 972 in Mellent, Normandy, France.
M iii Raoul II Count of Vexin was born in 985.
F iv Adele de Bretuil was born about 990 in of Vexin, France.
M v Dreux Count Of Vexin was born about 1000. He died in 1035.

So, where do I proceed from here, to untangle the confusion without eliminating any profiles? And in the mean time, please everybody, no more merging Raoul into Dreux, and also Walter (Gauthier) is not Dreux, but is his father. And many thanks to all my well intentioned collaborators, but I believe we have just accomplished what Paul Harvey used to call "Over Running our Headlights"! :-) And as the old saying goes "It ain't a mistake unless it can't be fixed!" and also "the only person who never makes a mistake, is the same person who never accomplishes anything".
So thanks for any help you all can give.
Daniel

Daniel B Williams
I think it may be worse - check out the conflicts on the profile, Daniel, it looks like there are 4 profiles in there.

Ok, I have changed the main profile name back to Dreux from Raoul, and will attempt to sort out the offspring correctly between Dreux and Raoul. Fortunately Dreux and Raoul had the same parents. As the old saying goes, "it ain't a mistake unless it can't be fixed". Of course to make the situation apparently muddier, Dreux had two brothers named Raoul, (Raoul I Crespy, and Raoul II Count of Vexin). If any of you have some actual hardcopy data verifying this, I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks and have a Great Day!! :-)
Daniel

Daniel ... we can all learn from your approach: put a positive spin on a mistake! We're all trying to get to the same place!

Daniel: I found another stack with 9 mixed Raoul I, II and III as well as Drago. Stacked since november and august 2009! They are single profiles now, so you have some material to build with.

Susanna: Thanks. So it's full speed ahead again! ...... Oh,........ but with caution!! LOL!! :-))

Showing 301-307 of 307 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion