Started by Günther Kipp on Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 271-300 of 307 posts

William Done

In case anyone here has any pending merges with Elliott Hersey
( Elliott Hersey ), I'm afraid you're out of luck.. I just got the following message from him:

---------------------------------------------
Subject: Cleaning up the duplicates in the Big Tree
Dave,
I have made it my policy decline all merges beyond the living.Thanks for asking.
Elliott
----------------------------------------------

Very frustrating indeed.

Dave K.

The last message from Geni about Jean-François was: "I was in contact with Jean-François who specifically asked that we do not transfer his profiles to another user. As mentioned in my previous email he and his family are in the process of removing that data."

I'll ask them is there have been any progress on this.

Private User@Bj
Thanks

Have we ever found anyone who is collaborating with Fountain-Filson Lang
?

Nope, - the new changes in merge requests does not list any common collaborators, and I have around 1250 collaborators my selves.

The only two who had access was Private User and Kris Hewitt 🧬 as extended family group members, but that access is probably gone now.

I will bump my support ticket on her as well, - this manager profile is as you know parked in the early middle ages, so I can try to pinpoint that it might be a false claim of a historical profile.

Kris was the last person who had contact with her.

checking...

still in their family group, the birth and location places leads me to think they tried to cut themselves out of the tree....they havent been on since aug 2009...ill go try to check their lists now and clear what i can....sorry im sooo busy lately....but if u message me direct ill merge whatever is needed

shes got 119 merge issues....give me a bit...

they are in my family group but i cant merge their profiles anymore, must have changed their settings?? or its this new privacy stuff or....i dont know!

ok look they are my 17th g-grandmother....sigh..ok now im gonna have to search around

family=4
friends= 1
Profiles Added 8,416
Profiles Managed 8,417

Ernesto is their friend....
Roy Johansen is the other family, the others....should disappear as I broke them away to be by themselves. Now about those 8, 417 profiles :(....

I think the person made a mistake or there is some weird glitch...I can edit SOME profiles....the Living ones I think only...very weird!

well its not much but I went and made siblings to merge with the 24 living profiles so I co-manage them...

Jon Torp :
done

can`t fix the zombies.
but the rest,you can fill my in box with Susanna :-)

Can anyone explain to me and perhaps others why is it (could it be related to the new system???) that I am getting requests to merge profiles which are not even mine to begin with, and then when I approve this request it's says that the request have been forwarded to the other manager?

This happens if you get requests on private profiles which you don't have access to even if you are collaborating with the manager.

This will also happen if some third-part does not collaborate with any of you and you are not collaborating with the other manager. This option have been there for the last 6 months.

OK thanks, so does it helps anyway at all, or should I ignore it ?
and does it also means that there are some other members who can get those requests or does it also related to my active status on the site?

Ashiya@geni have made one final attempt to reach this user. She will come back with more information next week.

i was able to do one , no idea why one and not others...

With the new privacy rules all her none-family profiles was changed to public profiles and family group members are not allowed anymore to edit public profiles. To get edit access you have to be a collaborator.

Since this manager profile is parked in an historical area of the forest the privacy rule have also had the effect that a lot of profiles (her "family") was not made public as they should, causing even more problems. Only family group members have access, and the one you was able to merge was probably such a profile.

except I made her an island all by herself. so she is not "family" to any historical profiles now, they should all be public...i was able to do James Hicks but not Baptist Hicks...i dont understand why at all

take for example when I look around her actual family (where i think she actually belongs).....I can delete where she has a child "no issue"...actually delete a marked as living non collabed/im not editor profile.....or edit it move it whatever i want....but other deceased, public profiles, I cant do a thing with

Thanks for trying, Kris.

The Fountain-Filson Lang account seem to be released, - got the jackpot of 8031 deseased profiles just now.

There are 207 unmanaged zombies left in her Added By list - feel free to go profile hunting and ensure nobody survive.

Showing 271-300 of 307 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion