who wants to try and figure this mess out. Robert de Brus

Started by Corporal, USMC Timothy Paul Setser, Sr. on Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 13 posts
Private User
1/13/2010 at 12:25 PM

robert de brus tree is unavailable. geni has a problem building tree.
unable to see the problem but with 44 managers i am sure there is one.
shouldn't we just try to eliminate duplicates and complete merges?

Private User
1/13/2010 at 12:49 PM

If somebody wants to work on the de Brus family, take a look at this guy:
Robert de Brus 1st Lord of Skelton and 1st Lord of Annandale
There are three ancestry charts, several links and information on his profile - and the connection to the earls of Orkney is very unlikely (but who know where they belong). Maybe I should disconnect them? (A lot of people have entered this, however.)

You mentioned Isabella, Lady of Annandale and Ireby who might be a descendant.

Private User
1/13/2010 at 12:56 PM

Here's the Robert de Brus, 5th Lord of Annandale you started out with.

Private User
1/13/2010 at 1:10 PM

just sent requests to merge all i was allowed to merge. 2 profiles are not allowing any changes. just a start.

I believe there are 2 Isabelle de Brus

Isabella, Lady of Annandale and Ireby

Isabel of Huntingdon

now these, may or may not be the same person. be careful the puzzle continues

Private User
1/14/2010 at 4:37 PM

There are two Isabelle de Brus (Bruce). Mother-in law and daughter-in-law. I seperated them in December, but was unable to clean it up completely. I did leave information in the About field, so you can see who you are merging.

Looking forward to some progress.

Janet

Private User
3/9/2011 at 3:22 AM

The overview contains some good material, rather spoilt by having the Wikipedia article pasted in half a dozen times. There's a job for a serious editor.

4/17/2017 at 2:53 PM

Anyone still working on this?

4/18/2017 at 3:06 PM

I did some work today. See what you think. If there are any glaring mistakes let me know

4/18/2017 at 7:22 PM

That's wonderful Terry! I will be more than happy to take a look at your research. I'm just starting out so any info. will certainly be of use to me. Appreciate it!

Private User
12/17/2017 at 9:34 AM

https://gw.geneanet.org/macfouillade?lang=en&n=bretagne+de&...

1st wife is Emma de Bretagne in France. Son Adam married Emma countess of Ramsey.

see link in https://gw.geneanet.org/macfouillade?lang=en&n=bruce&nz=fou...

Private User
12/17/2017 at 10:58 AM

Robert de Bruce, 6th Lord of Annandale about 1295 had *something* going with one Maud FitzAlan (daughter of one Earl of Arundel, sister of another, widow of Philip Burnell, who was heir to his uncle Robert Burnell, Bishop of Bath and Wells, and squandered the Bishop's vast fortune in two years).

What exactly it was, no one seems to be sure, but there was a license to marry granted on 19 September 1295, and a reference to her as his "wife" in a writ issued 13 October 1296. 5) Cal Pat Rolls 1292-1301, p. 147; Calendar of Chancery Warrants 1244-1326, p. 74.

Whether he promised to marry her and never got around to it, or whether the marriage didn't work out and was quietly annulled (if so the record has been lost), or whether it was one of those thought-to-be-mythical "year and day" marriages, both parties went their separate ways within a year or two, Robert to marry his Eleanor and Maud eventually to marry an equally shadowy Simon de Criketot.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion