Merge Issues 6

Started by Private User on Thursday, December 17, 2009
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 811-840 of 931 posts

I have removed my Cindy Clark requests. As a result of the new merge feature, I find that she and I have no collaborators in common. And as no one here as responded either, I suggest she is a problem child.

Janet,
hold on just a moment longer.

Geni has just greatly improved (for some) the Send-Merge-Request feature. When you press the send request button, it now lists ANY collaborators you have in common with the other manager (previously only listed actual managers). So you could find the names of such, that you/we are completely unaware of, people who are NOT part of this group.

I actually suggest that people REPOST "problem manager" merges again. That is a SINGLE request for each such manager. With the very large numbers of collaborators people here have, I think we can solve quite a few more "problems" now.

By way of example, I would be most grateful if someone can find a collaborator for either of these merges, with my two biggest problems:
http://www.geni.com/profile/compare/6000000006829021448 Michael Steven Strong or
http://www.geni.com/profile/compare/6000000000961703679 Marla Schick

I know I have posted both of these before, but can you all please check again, if any of YOUR collaborators can resolve these.

Janet ... the drop down list shows YOUR collaborators who can do her merges. You need to become a collaborator with Heather Bond.

Not to steal his thunder or anything, just maximizing exposure.

Private User just suggested we create a "Collaboration Pool" in order to increase chances of finding a collaborator in common with unknown managers.

See for yourself - http://www.geni.com/discussions/6000000008539319639

John Kimbrough, Sr.

Can anyone see this profile's wife's profile? It's marked private or something, so I can't see it, but it should be deceased and public if anyone can change that. Same with her father, that guy's ^ father in law.

@ Serafina re: Kimbrough: I can't access it, either. There is one child (? son), Major, who is also blocked. The primary manager for John is Myrna Huthmacher. She has always been great to work with, so I will send her a message.

Erin,

Here is the profile of John's wife:

Margaret Kimbrough (Buckley)

Here is her father:

John Buckley

Here is the manager of those profiles:

John Edward Cavanaugh

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. Is there anybody who can do John Edward Cavanaugh zombies?

Does anyone have any contact with Robert Warriner?

Robert John Warriner

I have several merges pending with him and he doesn't respond. And, unfortunately, none of my collaborators can merge his profiles either. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

John Edward Cavanaugh is a manager who lost his none-family profiles after one year of inactivity, so we cannot have any hope for getting family group access.

I have bookmarked around 30 such accounts and hope Geni soon will understand that partly releasing accounts is causing even more problems because people starts merging on them and get a full stop when they hit zombies or private profiles managed by this user.

Shmuel,

I got them for you,
d

Since I became co manager of Savely's profiles, my merge issues have gone from 180 to over 500 so I ask that anyone finishing up merging a stack, complete it, or things will get out of hand. Thanks!

Margaret ... I think you bought the merges when you took ownership, the gift that keeps giving!

I'll got a few of those myself, I wish I only had 500 pending. A lot of times it's hard to know where the pending merges are if you aren't the mgr. Best thing is for the person working in an area to request mgmt of the profiles so they will be on their list.

Joan Goodspeed born abt 1586
Joan Goodspeed
I need to find out which set of parents is correct

I'd say go with Nicholas and Mary Bennett

Actually the Margaret and Mary seem interchangable and Putnam might have been a previous married name. The parents of hers being Goodspeed look weird..noooo! I have too much going on in my own sphere...Its all yours : )

The mother is definitely Bennett, but I have Margaret, not Mary. Definitely not Putnam. I have siblings as Alice, Robert and Henry.

I have her baptized in 1573, so either I have the wrong Joan or you have the wrong date. Don't know which, and I'm no Mayflower scholar. Two cites for you. First gives parents. Second gives confirmation of baptismal record.

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/c/h/e/Lori-E-Chester/GEN...

http://nefamilies.com/fam/groupsheetI100003562.aspx

Source 1: New England Historical & Genealogical Register Volume: 48: Pg: 49
Joan Goodspeed was baptized in Wingrave on September 21, 1573. She probably married Thomas Collens of Hollingdon, parish of Soulbury, Buckinghamshire, to whom and to whose children her father left bequests. She probably died before her father since she is not mentioned in his will.

Thank you! I have it corrected not and your sources cited. I really appreciate your help!

My pleasure! You have helped me with many merges, so I am glad to repay the favor.

Do you collaborate with Robert Lockwood? Are you knowledgable of the royal lines?
Perhaps you could take a look at his merge issues? Out of respect for his hard work and his memory, I have been working on his merges but that is not an area I am strong in. Any help is appreciated! His son stated that he was not ready to work on this yet and I don't want to see it get out of hand to the point it would be overwhelming for him. Thank you!!!

I am good on some of the old baronets and some of the Saxon stuff from the time of the invasion, but I don't consider myself an expert. I just keep referring to Burke's Peerage and a few older books on the the peerage from that time.

I will take a look and see if I can help at all.

I'm having a very strange merge issue.
This profile, Godwulf, {Legendary} shows as having a pending merge, but if you try and click the link, it displays a green status message at the top that says "This merge has already been completed". The same thing happens when I manually create the URL to display the compare screen.
Any advice, dear friends?

Dear Shmuel
Perhaps send this message for geni.help.
Mihály

Shmuel - I reach this same and in few profiles in same area
I home this is some local and self-disappearing error

Henn

I home = I hope

There is an ongoing big issue when moving people around when a generation is either missing or there is one too many. After merging so that no one is lost or left disconnected, when the wrong connections are broken then people are moved into the right place, I always get a notice that I can't merge ancestors even though they have no other connections.
It would be far easier to just break connections with wrong parent and leave them floating in the ether, but I prefer to keep everyone connected. but then the issue. Why does Geni have to remember where everyone WAS instead of IS?

Ok here is an example: The 2 Thomas Audley's need to be merged but can't.
http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000002126103122

Hi All, many of you are already my collaborators, or distant family members.

Would someone please take a look at this family line.
See public discussion on:
Mareen Duvall, his wives, and his children need a massive clean-up.

I just took a look at this part of our "big tree" , my tree. it is a real mess! And many of the profiles are "locked" making it hard to edit or merge them.
As I work full time and am in the middle of researching a different line of my family right now I don't have the time to work on this big problem. But I know how great this group works on "cleaning up messes" on this site.
Would you all please take a look and see what you can do to help.
Many of the profiles have 6 or more profiles...many are wrong!
It really is a big, big mess!

Thanks for all you do to help clean up our "big family tree".

Terri, I have been doing what I can with the Duvall family, but many of the profiles are owned/managed by Mark Jeffrey Rosenblum, who is not a collaborator of mine. I'll keep working and requesting...

Mark Rosenblum has only 2 collaborators -- Andrew Nathaniel Kaplan and Corey Gers. Kaplan has 8-10 collaborators, but Gers only has a few. If you can get Kaplan to collaborate with you, progress could be made.

I did a simple search on Mareen Duvall. There are two good collaborators listed on some of the profiles -- Serafina and Chad Bouldin. I would suggest getting in touch with one of them for assistance, as well.

Good luck!

Showing 811-840 of 931 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion