Merge Issues 6

Started by Private User on Thursday, December 17, 2009
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 781-810 of 931 posts

Thank you Gene and Serafina

Sherry ... I was able to send her an email ...

Hi Jillian,

Just checking to see if you were aware that you are actively merging profiles and have setting that block everyone else after you merge. You are about to get blocked by a lot of people as they are unable to contact you to find a solution.

Gene

Sherry I think it is more important to giv us the manager name, rather than the profile name!!

I have almost mentioned that before, too. It's very confusing for us because it's not immediately evident which is the manager. Most of the time, when two names are posted here, it's because two sets of permissions are need to complete a merge between two different managers. I'd rather have just the link and manager's name, too.

Eduardo-Lobo-Cabral-de-Mello
Blanche of Lancaster

Haslem done including Zombie, do not have permission for Clark.

Tiffany Beesley Brock I finished some and sent requests for the rest.

Tiffany,

The following profile starts with a Cindy Marie Clark Main:
http://www.geni.com/profile/compare/6000000002766503146

Someone with collab rights with her and Nathan will have to do the merge.

Kevin

Shmuel :
Richard,was online 3 days ago.
and has axepted some colaborat`s i have seen.

Sorry for the off topic post, but I knew you guys would see this if I put it here.

I manage 2611 profiles and will be canceling my geni account in April. Would anyone like to take over some of these profiles?

I can help you out if you need someone. I am on disability and I do not have anything to do during the day after I get the house cleaned up.

I am going to update to geni pro the first week of April.

Thanks,
Tracy McClure

Anyone know anything about this guy: Håvard Drågen

He is calling himself "Me" and that has fooled med a few times in merging, I was thinking the profileowner was myself.

Anyone that has collaboration or information about this guy?

Hi Remi,

"Me" certainly should not be used as a profile name - it is far too confusing, as you say. I would suggest sending him a message asking him to alter his profile name. If that's not successful, I should have thought that Geni would have to step in.

Remi; Arthur
I have somewhat of a similar case with a "puppet" profile; and when I've reported it to Geni their only advice was to block this person

"Me" may not realise that "Me" is so confusing as a profile name so, hopefully, when this is pointed out to him, he will change his name. Hopefully he will also agree to collaborate with you, too, Remi.

I am sure that Geni would quickly move to remove certain profile names, for example if they contained expletives, and I would hope they would take the same view with a name like "Me" that is so confusing for other users.

Let's hope so, anyway.

I saw a "me" a few months ago, sent a request to Geni and they agreed it was confusing and removed the nickname. I sent a support request for this one.

Janet -

I think Kris Stewart can do them, too.

Castleman done.

Showing 781-810 of 931 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion