Robert Birdsall - Robert Birdsall and Isabel Marshall of County York

Started by Hatte Rubenstein Blejer on yesterday
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts

The Birdsall family was confused with the Birdseye family of Milford, CT. This Birdsall family lived and died in County York, England.

We need primary sources or good secondary sources for the family.

I have detached two wives from John Birdsall, the son of Robert Birdsall and Isabel Marshall:
:
Philippa Birdseye who was the wife of Deacon John Birdseye
Elizabeth Birdsall

I have detached two children from Robert Birdsall and Isabell Marshall, one whose geography doesn't match (Woburn, Bedfordshire) and one who is not listed in the children of Robert and Isabel. The children I found listed are: Henry, Sarah, Thomas, John.

Christopher Birdsall
Nicholas Birdseye

Henry Birdsall, of Salem was formerly thought to descend from the Birdsall family of Yorkshire. However:

concerns==

Anderson’s Great Migration Project has no origins for this Henry. Henry is seen as son of Henry Birdsall, of Doncaster and his wife Alice Birdsall; there is a son Henry listed in that man’s will. That Henry Birdsall was born in Birdsall Malten, Yorkshire, England. There is no evidence this Henry was anywhere in England other than Norwich, where he married.

Compiler D. Pane-Joyce notes: “Henry Birdsall was probably related to Thomas Birdsall who appears in some Norwich church records. Thomas Birdsall and Alice Birdsall were married 7 Jan 1588 at St. John Timberhill, and their children were baptized at St. John Timberhill and St. Gregory’s between 1598 and 1602.”

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion