Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing all 3 posts

My Portuguese family, please look into this project:
https://www.geni.com/projects/Knights-Templar/692

Quote: "The Portuguese are the sole descendants of the Knights Templar. They are the only people who can claim direct ancestry. After the dissolution of the Knights Templar throughout Europe in 1312, issued by King Philip of France and approved by Pope Clement V, the Knights were persecuted and burned to the stake."
Source: quora, you can google the information to verify
Because you are the most direct descent from the Knights Templar :D

p.s. of course if you are not Portuguese, you might also descend from the Knights Templar as well since I descend from three (3) great fathers and one (1) uncle myself and I'm only speaking about the direct descent here...)

Well I must correct myself because there is an inconsistency here.

The Portuguese can not be the sole descendants nor the only people who can claim direct ancestry for the simple reason that I am French and I am not making up the fact that I have 3 great grand fathers and 1 great uncle myself.

This being said, my conclusion was correct: They are the most direct descendants from the Knights Templar.

p.s. being happy for them, I typed too quickly so of course we are talking about great grand fathers and great uncles.

I also made mistakes being too quick, too spontaneous so I'm correcting myself again
I have one (1) great grandfather and three (3) great uncles. I had the total right = 4 but I reversed the information.

Robert de Sablé, 11th Templar Grand Master is my 28th great grandfather.
Robert de Sablé, 11th Templar Grand Master

André de Montbard, 5th Templar Grand Master is your 30th great uncle.
André de Montbard, 5th Templar Grand Master
Robert de Craon, 2nd Templar Grand Master is your 28th great uncle.
Robert de Craon, 2nd Templar Grand Master
Also,
Felipe de Castilla y León, señor de Valdecorneja is my 24th great uncle.
Felipe de Castilla y León, señor de Valdecorneja

All from my father side of the family. I do have other family connections to the Templar but they are not direct. Time to eat, it's 3:33 p.m. on my end.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion