Jane Morton Morrow (Peden) - Jane's children

Started by Lynette Jester on yesterday
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/31649978/jane-morrow added by Rebecca Moss
    Geni member
Showing all 7 posts
yesterday at 4:17 PM

This information comes from Pedens of South Carolina by the Peden/Paden Family Association of South Carolina,.
c.2013 ISBN 978-0-9837262-5-8 House of Jane pp 129-157

I am quoting this book so we can get some of the order to the family.

5 Children by John Morton

@David Morton b. 28 Feb 1761 in County Antrim d. 25 Sep 1848 on the 1767 crossing. RW soldier m. 1 Penelope White and 2 Mary Jamison
@John Morton jr b. Ireland 1762 also on the crossing m. Margaret Alexander
@Elizabeth Morton b 1765 Ireland Nothing is known of her after the crossing.
@James H. Morton b. 1771 SC d. 1844 Fbayette Co TN m. Mary Montgomery
@William Morton b.a 1773 supposed to have died before 1850.m. Mary Stanford

6 Children by Robert Morrow

@Samuel Morrow b. 8 Nov 1775 SC d. 7 Jun 1845 Morgan Co AL m. Rosa Dorrough
@Col William Morrow b. 5 Nov 1777 Craven Co, 96 Dist, SC d. 24 jan 1865 in Fayette Co TN m. Jane Reid
@Jane "janet" Morrow b. abt 1780 Craven Co d. before 1800
@David Morrow 23 Mar 1873 Greenville Co SC d. 16 Jun 1867 Greenville Co SC m. Nancy Dorrough
@Mary Morrow b. 23 Mar 1873 Greenville Co. SC d. 2 Mar 1870 Morgan Co AL m. William White
@Thomas Morrow b. 29 sep 1785 Greenville Co SC d. 2 Mar 1870 Anderson Co., TX m. 1 Hannah Richardson m2 Rachel Milligan father of 12 children 6 by each wife.

yesterday at 5:00 PM

<3
Lynette Jester I am logged off for the day but will double check them tomorrow!
Wikitree has the same number and I think the Morrow children are good but I want to triple check the Morton children because the Peden book did not list them out
I am a Peden descendant and appreciate your input very much!
This is a line that I am grateful for Geni
Again— I believe Jane had a total of 11 children.
Maybe we can get them fleshed out

yesterday at 5:07 PM

Is there a curator interested in these profiles?
A lot of work has been done on most of them

yesterday at 5:35 PM

Unless someone changed math rules, she had 5 by John and 6 by Robert.
But with the way things are changing around me, then i wouldn't doubt at all if 5+6 didn't add up to 11 anymore.

I'm a Morton.

yesterday at 5:44 PM

Lol
Nah I am convinced it is 5 and then 6
Just gotta add/correct them… we dont have enough Geni users from the “bottom up” for the tree

yesterday at 6:04 PM

I don't know enough about Geni yet to know for sure what I'm doing. but I monitor wikitree, and connect my lines to Jane there. And I monitor familySearch. I just removed two other Jane/Ginny's there that didn't actually fit into John Peden and Peggy McDill lines. So I have some edits to do there too. But I don't like linking my trees to other peoples. But I have no issues with saying this person is the same as person-id at XYZ.com So let me go fix the Houses at family search. Then I'll tell you about how the Mortons talk to me.

yesterday at 6:56 PM

My line is from Jane >William Morton >Alexander Peden Morton> John T. Morton > Samuel J. Morton > Osie Ola Rena Morton Davis > Lela Irelee Davis Jester > moi! Mom and Aunt Elza used used Pedens of America as a guide, and I use Pedens of SC as a Bible. One of the teachers for my brother back in the 60s... was Scottish Rites mason. He asked mama if anyone in the family was from Scotland. Mama answered with "Well my mother was a Morton" Good Enough!! And the local scottish rite lodge gave my brother a $50 scholarship towards college. Which in CA at the time was basically free. And in the early 60s $50 was a lot of money.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion